THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    The engraving on my Martin Hagn .500 NE Rifle is nearly Complete

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The engraving on my Martin Hagn .500 NE Rifle is nearly Complete
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CHIPB
posted
The action has been in Germany for about 3 months. The Engraver, Heinz Funk, is about 85 years old, and takes his time doing things. I am very excited about this project. It looks like it should come out very nicely. The following are a few photos of the progress. Cheers. Chip.

Posts: 268 | Location: TUCSON, AZ | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just beautiful.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A true keepsake to be handed down to, and kept within, family.

Congrats! beer

Posts: 2581 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Beautiful and Classy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's exquisite, Chip.

Dave Manson

Posts: 678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 04 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
85 and still whittling the metal....God bless him :-)

Posts: 20075 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. Hope you enjoy shooting it as well.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Sehr gut.
Wow.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5086 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ausgezeichnet !!!

Posts: 20075 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful rifle, there is something special about a 500NE in a falling block action.

Posts: 398 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OUTSTANDING!

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
That is indescribable.
What a piece of art obviously created by a
very . . . VERY skilled artisan!

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4223 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CHIPB
posted Hide Post
Herr Funk has finished. The action, etc., will now head back to Martin Hagn for hardening. It will have the coin finish. A few photos follow. Cheers. Chip.

Posts: 268 | Location: TUCSON, AZ | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Wow ! A great caliber and a great maker.

Funk's work as an engraver is well know in Europe and the sad reality in his mid 80s he is not going to be engraving for decades to come. You are very lucky to have him do your .500.

Looking forward to pictures of the finished gun.

Have you all ready planned the first hunt with her?

Charlie

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2253 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CHIPB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:

Wow ! A great caliber and a great maker.

Funk's work as an engraver is well know in Europe and the sad reality in his mid 80s he is not going to be engraving for decades to come. You are very lucky to have him do your .500.

Looking forward to pictures of the finished gun.

Have you all ready planned the first hunt with her?

Charlie

Hello, Charlie64: Yes, Herr Funk is getting up there in age, so having a rifle with his engraving on it is special. I feel the same way about having one of Martin Hagn's rifles, since he is already in his mid 70's. No hunts planned yet, but I'll post pics once the rifle has been completed. Cheers. Chip.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amazingly good ! and in a good caliber too !

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
That's beautiful work!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'damn that's a lovely bit of gear.

Please keep the photos coming.

Posts: 348 | Location: queensland, australia | Registered: 07 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CHIPB
posted Hide Post
Hello, Twobobbwana. I just got word from Martin Hagn that is the action should be back in his hands in about a month. The barrel and the stock are ready for assembly....so, I’m not thinking I may have a the completed rifle before the end of August. I will post some photos at that time. Cheers. Chip.

One of Us
Picture of CHIPB
posted Hide Post
I now forecast that I will take possession of this rifle sometime in October. Everything takes a little time. Here are some of the latest photos:

Cheers. Chip.

One of Us
Picture of CHIPB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHIPB:
I now forecast that I will take possession of this rifle sometime in October. Everything takes a little time. Here are some of the latest photos:

Cheers. Chip.

Should have made the photos larger....sorry.