New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting with Dakota Mod. 10
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone ever go shoot something with one of these beautiful rifles?
I recently purchased a fancy 7x57 from Dakota and it is my intent to go hunt deer with it for many years to come. Anyone ever use these for anything except show and tell or punching holes in paper real close together?

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I find the short length of my #10 in 308 Win very handy for stand hunting. Accuracy excellent but with it had an ejector.

Posts: 157 | Location: Dallas area | Registered: 07 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used my 7x57 for quite a few years. I like using the one shot or pass it. My favorite rifle gun of all.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do not have the Dakota 10, but use my Blaser k95/30-06 and my Merkel K1/9.3 x 74R and K3/308 Win. regularly.

ya!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought one last spring in 257 Roberts and took it on my antelope hunt October. I love that little rifle, and plan to use it a lot for many years to come. I would post some pictures of it and the antelope I took with it, but since photobucket isn't working anymore I don't have anywhere else to post them from yet.

Posts: 290 | Location: Coweta Oklahoma  | Registered: 08 January 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Love my 25-06s

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What power scopes are you using? I don't want to ruin the lines of the rifle by mounting some monster size scope. I am not going to ever be some long range hotshot.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Some of you may have already seen this Mod 10 as for the last few years it was the show gun in the Dakota booth. I have several bolt rifles in 7x57 but not a single shot. I do now.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Im using a Swarovski Z3 3-10x42. I think it goes perfectly on these petite rifles.

Posts: 290 | Location: Coweta Oklahoma  | Registered: 08 January 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I finally got out with my Gibbs this past season. It has been rebarrelled to 6.5x57R. Took a young coyote and a nice little blacktail deer with it. My 10 year old daughter was with me on the blacktail which was my real goal. She loved it! I have hunted with my Dakota but have yet to pull the trigger on a game animal.

Posts: 371 | Location: USA | Registered: 26 March 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have not used the Dakota 10 but...I darn sure would!! I've taken a pile of game over the years with various single shots, none scoped, and have never felt the least handicapped by using one.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me". John 14:6

Posts: 232 | Location: Northern Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 13 February 2016Reply With Quote