New
Find
Notify
Tools

300blk
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just bought a Bergara BA13 TD in 300aac blackout. They are sold under the name CVA hunter in US.

https://fritidvildmark.se/prod...35-3?category_id=568

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I don't think we get the thumbhole stock though.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybee not imported to US with it I can find both models here.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://cva.com/product-line/scout/

Found them!

We can get the thumbhole but you have to buy the stock later. The stocks are dirt cheap $80.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are $250-350 in America.

I didn't know we could get them. I always thought they were neat when I lived in Germany, but not $700 Euros neat.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn 8995 Swedish crowns is $1063 today.

That is a lot of money.

But a Howa 1500 in 30-06 is $1052 USD in your store, and they are $500 here in the USA.

A Blaser F16 in that store is about $4500 and that is what they cost here.

Strange that a Spanish gun is 3 times more than in America, but a German one is the same price.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes everything hunting related are expensive here, exxept the actual hunting are cheaper. Swedish made Norma ammo costs much more in Sweden than in US after it are exported. 25% VAT are included in consumer prices.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A few years back when Bergara was still making Encore barrels I bought one of the 16.5" stainless barrels through Haus of Arms. I Scoped it with a 2-7 Leupold and have had more fun with that gun than one person should be allowed to have. 99% of what it gets fed is subsonic, either any of the LeHigh expanding subs for big game or 90gr Hornady XTPs. With a Silencerco Octane its short, weighs next to nothing and is a quieter than most air guns. The 90gr Hornady makes a great small game load

I wish I had bought some other calibers before Bergara quit making them. If these new ones are anything like the older ones you'll enjoy it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a 16-inch .300 BLK barrel made for my TCR-87's and have a suppressor on it. My subsonic handloads for it with 220-grain Nosler subsonic bullets are good for about 3 MOA. But with Hornaday factory 195-grain subsonic ammo it gives 1.0 MOA.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I intend to use it mainly with 110-125gr bullets. Best load so far are with 110gr sierra varmint.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Everything hunting related is expensive in Europe and UK. I think a lot is that we have small markets, very few distributors and little market pressure. If you are a retailer that tries to offer product at lower prices you find that your account with distributor is frozen.

Also strict gun laws in Europe limit number of firearms that each hunter owns. Would suggest vast majority have a shotgun or two, a 22lr and a deer calibre rifle. Most of us will purchase two or three rifles in our lifetime - I have purchased 4 - and am probably over the average.

So there is not the turnover, number of hunters etc nor the competitive forces to keep the prices down. From what I have seen / read, many American hunting stores are volume operations run on the basis of moving lots of stock at low margins, whereas UK / European tend to be small owner managed businesses run by real enthusiasts with better margins, where the business is more of a lifestyle choice (or millstone) rather than a pure business one. Shop owners retirement fund has often been the property value of the premises rather than the business itself.

Posts: 981 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Hope that little rascal shoots for you!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16350 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most of the German gunshops I was in made their money off esoteric expensive things.

And like you said the value of their real estate was generally the retirement fund.

Other than Frankonia that has a lot of rural gun shops, most of the shops I visited in Germany were on the town square. If not very close to it.