Find
Notify
Tools

Browning 1885 Low Wall
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of The Senator
posted
I just acquired a Browning Low Wall Traditional Hunter in 44 mag. What kind of quick release mounts and rings would be good on this rifle.
Thank you in advance for your time.
Respectfully
The Senator
jerry.kazee@yahoo.com

Life Member NRA
Life Member CA Rifle & Pistol Assoc.
DOJ Certified Handgun Instructor
Rocky Mt. Elk Foundation
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Posts: 535 | Location: Lincoln, CA 95648 | Registered: 19 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
leupold. warne talley

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doesn't this rifle need to be drilled for bases, if it isn't already? Just a thought.

Posts: 141 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 11 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Midwest Gun Works has the original Browning bases for that rifle.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Senator
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all that replied.
senator

Life Member NRA
Life Member CA Rifle & Pistol Assoc.
DOJ Certified Handgun Instructor
Rocky Mt. Elk Foundation
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Posts: 535 | Location: Lincoln, CA 95648 | Registered: 19 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Neat little rifles.

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yup but they are a straight pull downwards - maybe if you'd hold a blaser sideways it might seem like a real rifle Big Grin moon

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now HERE'S a single shot rifle...the awesome Blaser k-95 Stutzen!

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:

I would love it without the deep space telescope!
Matt

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3285 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, big scopes on small rifles seems to be "the thing" on continental rifles. Perhaps it's due to hunting at night...not sure. A svelte 1" Sawrovski or Zeiss would look nice on this side of the pond.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, big scopes on small rifles seems to be "the thing" on continental rifles. Perhaps it's due to hunting at night...not sure. A svelte 1" Sawrovski or Zeiss would look nice on this side of the pond.

A Leupold 4x32 would help keep the whole package truly svelte. Khales used to import a lightweight 4x fixed. That one would keep the whole package Euro, if one wished. Wish I could get my hands on one. I heard Khales was bought by another Euro optics company, and their line is limited. Don't know if that info is accurate.
Matt

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3285 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i am truly ashamed to admit that i did - indeed - own one of these.it did not have a long lifespan
I placed it in a cabinet with real blued steel and fine walnut guns, and they threw it out onto the floor and buried it with plastic
but then again they have done similar things with other guns not of worthwhile heritage

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your Marlins and Savages and JC Higgins' took offense to your K-95? Go figure :-)

One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
quote:

What's with the foreskin on this thing?

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1214 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote