Find
Notify
Tools

Krieghoff Hubertus?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
I have a Blaser K95, how much better worse or different is the Krieghoff?

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted Hide Post
Hmmm....., from quality, I mean, there´s no different. The Hubertus frame is made from steel, with the option to choose aluminium. Blaser use only aluminium. Blaser is a little bit more a massproduction and the Krieghoff is more made by gunsmiths. Blaser use the own scope munt, the saddle mount. And for the Hubertus, you can choose between different mounts. Suhler claw mount, EAW pivot mount, etc. .....
The only Plus-point for blaser, the locking-system is very strong.

Martin

Posts: 824 | Location: Munich, Bavaria, thats near Germany | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

I like the looks of it, and I felt the Merkel was mass produced and not the quality of my K95.

With the Hubertus it feels as though it is a nicer rifle, and like you said made by human hands.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
i have both. 95 is very very accurate of course. I have 3 barrels for my alloy kh but have not shot them much other than to check function and recoil. 9.3x74r
was surprisingly soft. Very limited time with kh but after handling it, the k95 feels toy like. trigger is outstanding and can be set. you just reminded me i need to shoot it for groups. extra barrels cost at least twice if not 3 times price of blaser barrels. I guess thats one reason why you never see used kh barrels for sale.

Posts: 19 | Location: new york | Registered: 30 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok, I figure if I get a Krieghoff it will be a 30-06 or something similar. My k95 barrels are 30-06, 222 and 243.

I don't reckon I'll probably buy more than one Hubertus barrel.

Merkel made a few in 257 Weaherby and one of them had Ibex engraved all over it. I didn't buy it and haven't seen it's equal. I'd own one of those too.

posted Hide Post
In which order are your most accurate k95 barrels?
My most accurate is 308, 1 hole at 100 with a few factory loads. My 243 not as accurate , but I hear best factory load is cheap remington corelokt. I havent had time to shoot it much though. I was thinking about buying 22 hornet barrel for k95.
30-06 in kh is joy to shoot.

Posts: 19 | Location: new york | Registered: 30 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My 30-06 K95 bucks about like a 300 Weatherby in Mark V Accumark. I would never call that one a joy. But it is an accurate rifle.

The 243 is ok on accuracy.

The 222 is by far the best. It could be a 1/4-1/8th inch rifle with the right load. I bought some 80 grain bullets and it really liked those. I want to build a load for it with the Barnes X or Nosler Partition for deer for my kids.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is funny that you say it feels like a toy. I bought it for my father when I was living in Europe. I bought it over the phone in Wyoming and the gunshop called him to pick it up. They went next store to the supermarket and bought some gift wrap, and a card (Pretty cool).

So it was wrapped up and in the box and he thought I had bought him an airgun, because of the weight. He damn near dropped the box, and the gun shop manager said, you might want to be careful with that it isn't what you think.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had both- I still have the K-95.... Hubertus is nice, but heavier and not as accurate.