One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is a good article on the Moyers:
http://www.realguns.com/archives/063.htm

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dr. lou,
in my humble opinion it is the kepplinger sold by brownells. i have installed one canjar for a customer and several moyers for myself and other customers. the moyer is a remake of the original ruger three screw adjustable trigger. i have also installed about a half dozen of the kepplingers and i like them the best.
max

Posts: 977 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
I would go with the Kepplinger. I installed one for a buddy years ago. I don't recall any installation problems so it must have gone smoothly. More importantly, I do recall being mighty impressed with the design and workmanship! I was also impressed with the resultant trigger pull.

I have no experience with the other triggers so I can't comment on them -- yes, I know that this is unusual on the Internet! Smiler

John

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Moyers and a Kepplinger. The Kepplinger is light years beyond the Moyers. They are pricey but well worth it.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What is the drill on the installaion of the Kleppinger? Can a mechanically challenged senior citizen do it without going further off the deep end?
Pete

"Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live."

Posts: 403 | Location: Emeryville, CA | Registered: 24 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
Hi PJ

Go for it!

I wish I could recall details... but I do recall that I did NOT have to modify the receiver, but beyond that I simply can't remember. I'm certain that means that I (no gunsmith, just a tinkerer!) had no problems or I would recall!

Perhaps you might want to join the Ruger No 1 group -- lots of discussion there on triggers, and accurizing (and the Kepplinger trigger is clearly the one that these boys like!).

John

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help. I played with a friends #1 that has a Kepplinger set trigger and I was thoroughly impressed. Lou

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote