THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    338 Ruger 1/S claim to fame rifle

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

338 Ruger 1/S claim to fame rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I bought this red pad 338 Win Ruger #1-S on the internet in pristine condition, as new,never shot much..Being a red pad I was doubtful but 1-S Rugers are rare as hens teeth in .338 so I sprung for it from a collectors view point..

Test fired it thoroughly with a number of loads and the first group (3 shot) was about a caliber size so I fired two more and it was still about .330 in size best I could measure..the rest of the day went as well and without a doubt this is the most accurate #1 rifle I have ever owned, in fact its the most accurate rifle I have ever owned..I will probably shoot it for several months then sell it, but it won't be cheap! Selling guns after a fun period is a character flaw that I have..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41760 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Ray, the first No1 I ever owned was an early 4 digit number 243 with heavy bbl and Alex Henry forend and it too was a 1/4 -1/2 moa rifle.

I sold it when in college and it's one of the few sales I regret

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4187 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Phil,
I will probably sell this one and my new 1-A HOllowell 250-3000 and a lot of other stuff too..I'm looking at a $15,000 rope horse that I don't think I can pass up..Its a conflicting hobby that keeps me cringing!! and yes, once again I be sorry I did either one or both, maybe I can keep one of the two #1s the 250 is a 1/2 to 3/4s at 75 yards..decisions, decisions.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41760 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote