New
Find
Notify
Tools

K-95
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If anyone is at dsc - go see the single shot k-95 in the blaser booth.

It is the best gun at dsc.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Getting a K95

Left handed grade 5 wood w/ebony tip

Black jaeger receiver

6.5 creedmoor regular barrel

One inch scope w/ swaro Z-3

Scope and mounts at home, barrel on the way and stock and receiver in Germany getting built

I am psyched Cool

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am psyched

You mean psycho :-)

Posts: 20075 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
quote:
I am psyched

You mean psycho :-)

Same thing Big Grin

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When you buy a european trash You are a commie... jumping Had you been a true gung-ho american you would have bought a H&R in .30-30win.
jumping

Anyway I wish you however congratulation with your precision machine. Had it been me I`ve would have got one in 7x65R, 6,5x65R or Blasers own .30Blaser.....but you can always buy a spare barrel ofcouse.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jens poulsen:
When you buy a european trash You are a commie... jumping Had you been a true gung-ho american you would have bought a H&R in .30-30win.
jumping

Anyway I wish you however congratulation with your precision machine. Had it been me I`ve would have got one in 7x65R, 6,5x65R or Blasers own .30Blaser.....but you can always buy a spare barrel ofcouse.

I like ammo I can buy at academy. Not a reloaded.

6.5 is perfect for light k95

Now I can go hang out in south Beach with the euro trash dancing

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jens, the 30R Blaser may be a bit heavy for a K-95...they only weigh a bit over 5 lbs...OUCH!

Posts: 20075 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
My K1 in 7mm RM, topped with a VX3 2.5-8x36 weighs 6# 6oz. Recoil is brisk!

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2309 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jens, the 30R Blaser may be a bit heavy for a K-95...they only weigh a bit over 5 lbs...OUCH!

You might be right on that one. BTW I have seen a K77 in 6x70. That would be dandy..

http://www.waffenhaus-burkardt.de/gebraucht.php

Here from Norway a 6,5x65R
https://www.finn.no/bap/websto...l?finnkode=115343899

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The K95 6.5 creedmoor barrel is home. Now a nail biting wait for the stock and receiver to make it from Germany.

The 6.5 May be the perfect K95 round.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, you don't want to go too big in caliber with a 5.5 lb rifle, for sure. 6.5x55, 6.5 Creedmoor, 270, 7mm-08, 308.....in that area.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

This 30-06 has a bit of a pop. However I keep that in mind and hold it tight!

One time off the bench on a lead sled I got a bit close with my cheek weld, but since I know, I don't make that mistake!

but how many times in a hunting situation, unless you get scope-eye, do you dwell on or remember the recoil.

But come to think of it, I did once, for a short period have a Merkel K1 in 300 Win Mag. Traded it for a Luxus 11 shortly after the first range session.

ya!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine's prettier. Oh wait....it's your now :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mine's prettier. Oh wait....it's your now :-)

and luvin' it!

Don't know what I'll take with it first, but I guarantee, sumpin's gonna die!

ya!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like single shots, but what I dislike about the Blasers - and a number of other fne break action rifles and shotguns is the use of Hex head or Torx screws on the actions. OK I could perhaps live with them an entry level gun, but not on a suposedly fine firearm costing thousands. They should have slotted pins properly indexed.

Posts: 979 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
eny: Check out Skinner Sights. They have a canvas take down case. Do not know if it long enough for your barrel.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

ya!

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a sbk shotgun case for my k-95

It s bit bigger but it was on clearance at academy for $45.

http://www.skbcases.com/sports/sku.php?cat=11&pid=56

Only has a k-95 6.5 barrel in it.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
sweet, mine came with the rifle and Americase for one money.

The skinner case fits in a harley touring pack.

ya!

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is very cool - going hunting or even to the range on a Harley.

I also bought a a few scope bags from Larue carry multiple scopes.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Have gun, will travel" :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Spoke to the good guys at Blaser. A product number has been assigned in Germany. The rifle will be manufactured in next 4-8 weeks. The wood is ready and selected.

Gun should be in US by end of Bovember, My Xmas present to my self.

Now I need to select another barrel - 30/06 would be ideal but the recoil of a 5 pound rifle would be serious.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Or maybe early Becember :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Or maybe early Becember :-)

True - I am so ready for it.

Scope mounts barrel. Everything is at home except the gun.

Now the question is 308 30/06 300 win mag to get.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
If you want another barrel for the big stuff, a 308 loaded with 170-180 grain bullets seems sufficient for such a light frame.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5086 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:
If you want another barrel for the big stuff, a 308 loaded with 170-180 grain bullets seems sufficient for such a light frame.

Very true and most likely what I would get.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When the K95 in 300 Weatherby shoots like this, I don't notice any recoil. These are 150 grain flat base raptors from CEB. The load shot well in my R8 so I decided to shoot 4 in the K95.

Posts: 352 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 29 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rodell:
When the K95 in 300 Weatherby shoots like this, I don't notice any recoil. These are 150 grain flat base raptors from CEB. The load shot well in my R8 so I decided to shoot 4 in the K95.

Amazing - this is crazy accurate.

I am so psyched waiting for my k95.

Choices in barrels is going to be my problem Wink

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:

Mike

One thing to be aware of: the tension adjustment may not work for all barrels if they aren't adjusted at the same time. I have three barrels and had to send them and the frame to Blaser USA and to have them adjust all three barrels to the frame. You cannot guarantee a fit as you move barrels from frame to frame as you can with the R8.

I have .22 hornet, 6.5x55 and 300 Weatherby in the K95. I may add 9.3x74R, but I'm not thrilled to have to ship them all off. Then again, I could get lucky and a new barrel might fit.

Posts: 352 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 29 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:

Mike

One thing to be aware of: the tension adjustment may not work for all barrels if they aren't adjusted at the same time. I have three barrels and had to send them and the frame to Blaser USA and to have them adjust all three barrels to the frame. You cannot guarantee a fit as you move barrels from frame to frame as you can with the R8.

I have .22 hornet, 6.5x55 and 300 Weatherby in the K95. I may add 9.3x74R, but I'm not thrilled to have to ship them all off. Then again, I could get lucky and a new barrel might fit.

I am a little confused

I have a 6.5 creedmoor barrel at home.

The rest of the gun is being built in Germany.

Do I need to send the 6.5 barrel to blaser in US to have it fitted to the rest of the gun when it gets here ?

Thanks

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The answer is "maybe". Two of my barrels fit the frame perfectly, the third did not. When they came back from Blaser, all three fit perfectly.

At the time I did it, there was no charge for the service, other than my outbound shipping. It took about a week at the time.

I would guess that a new barrel and a new frame are probably a better bet than an older barrel and a new frame. You will know right away because the action won't close correctly.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The answer is "maybe". Two of my barrels fit the frame perfectly, the third did not. When they came back from Blaser, all three fit perfectly.

At the time I did it, there was no charge for the service, other than my outbound shipping. It took about a week at the time.

I would guess that a new barrel and a new frame are probably a better bet than an older barrel and a new frame. You will know right away because the action won't close correctly.

Hopefully will know by Christmas.

Now I am thinking of the second barrel 308 30/06 or 300 win mag.

I don’t think they make a 300 Weatherby anymore.

Thanks

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 300 Weatherby (and I presume the 300 Win Mag) are a handful in such a light rifle. It's kind of fun, though!

Personally, I'd go with the .30-06 in case you wanted to run heavier bullets at some point. You can load the .30-06 to .308 levels, but a 220 grain bullet in the .308 isn't a good match.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a 2nd barrel. It did not fit. I took a synthetic stone, time and patience. It fits tightly.

That works.

matt

Posts: 374 | Location: Anchorage AK | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ended up ordering a 30/06 barrel. Will take 4-6 months.

6.5 and 30/06 should cover a lot of hunting.

Scopes will probably Swaro Z3 on both barrels.

Thanks for all the advice.

Now a waiting game.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've always wanteda K95 but I had to wait until one showed up at a price I was willing to pay. I bought a .270. I had forgotten how efficient the .270 is for most things I hunt. I'm shooting Hornady 145s and loving it. One thing that the tip-down guns have going for them is that it is far easier to load and unload them than a falling block like a No 1 Ruger. I just ordered a 9.3X74R spare barrel for the gun. I think I'm hooked.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2134 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've lusted after something like this in 6.5X57R

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1168 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matt salm:
I've lusted after something like this in 6.5X57R

Why I have a 6.5 creedmoor barrel at home but a gun being built in Germany. I wanted to have the barrel in case they sold out. Looks like blaser won’t make k-95 barrels for off the run calibers (6.5 ect) unless hey have orders of 10.

Also I don’t reload and 6.5 is as common as 30/06 308 270 at academy.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
K95 rifle in USA.

Getting a final finish in USA with a custom stock smith to make the most out of the grade 5 wood.

I am ready for Santa Smiler

Mike

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Mike: Should be interesting to see how your 'smith handles the factory finish.
By the way, wise choice on the'06 barrel. .308's (as per my original suggestion) are OK. But, an '06 case allows more powder.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5086 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote