K-95
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matt salm:
I've lusted after something like this in 6.5X57R

I have a 6.5x57R barrel for mine. Well north of 50 whitetail have been taken with it.

Mac

Posts: 1720 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:
Mike: Should be interesting to see how your 'smith handles the factory finish.
By the way, wise choice on the'06 barrel. .308's are OK. But, an '06 case allows more powder.

It’s not my smith but blaser outside stock guy. My buddies at Blaser USA did not like a few oil bubbles so it will be sanded and repolished. It more for them than me - small imperfections don’t bother me. But they are perfectionists.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shipped the 6.5 creedmoor k95 barrel to Blaser USA so they can put the gun together.

I am excited for sure.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
It should be made right. Bubbles have no place on a rifle at that price level.
I have a Ruger 77 MKII with a drip in the finish. No big deal on a $900 rifle.
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:
Mike: Should be interesting to see how your 'smith handles the factory finish.
By the way, wise choice on the'06 barrel. .308's are OK. But, an '06 case allows more powder.

It’s not my smith but blaser outside stock guy. My buddies at Blaser USA did not like a few oil bubbles so it will be sanded and repolished. It more for them than me - small imperfections don’t bother me. But they are perfectionists.

Mike

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5086 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The k95 has been shipped to my FFL.

I should pick it up this week tu2

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I picked up the rifle.

It is beautiful. I was surprised how light it is.

Will scope and sight it this week.

Will post some better pictures tomorrow.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Enjoy.

ya!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scoped the rifle with a Swarovski Z3 3-10.

Took it to the range today. Gun is a sub moa rifle. It is fun to shoot. A little too much fun as I shot 40 rounds.

This will be a fun gun to hunt with - perfect for white tails and summer axis deer in tx or mule deer.

How does it compare to Blaser R8. The Blaser R8 is a better rifle to shoot. The trigger is better.

All in all very pleased with the rifle. With a 30/06 barrel this would be a fun plains game rifle.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful piece. It seems a shame, given the current owner, that we'll never know the true accuracy potential of this rifle :-)

Posts: 20075 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Beautiful piece. It seems a shame, given the current owner, that we'll never know the true accuracy potential of this rifle :-)

Very true

I was only able to shoot the R8 to a .25 Moa group.

According to Blaser k95 is a more accurate gun as it has a cleaner lock with less moving parts.

I think the R8 with its added weight is easier to shoot.

But I am pretty sure the k95 is a .25-.5 moa gunneven if I can never shoot it.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would have thought that the new 10 yard range would have improved your groups! :-)

Posts: 20075 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Nice one Mike. Did you shoot factory ammo at the range to get sub-MOA?
I've got a 6.5 Creedmoor (Mauser) I should take to the range. Haven't touched it in years.

CB

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5086 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I looked hard at the Blaser this last while, just couldn't screw myself up to the extra loot for it. There are a few nice used kipplaufs in town here right now, but I won't ante up for them either. Probably because I have a Merkel K1 that shoots OK, that I got a super deal on when it was new. It is a 7Rem mag, not what I'd really like in that gun, but, the price said I be silly not to buy it at the time. And I can download it to 7-08 specs if I don't like the 7 mag loads. Had a bunch of handloads to try in it sitting for a solid year now, need to take it out and shoot those to see if I keep it or not. It keeps getting left behind in the pursuit of checking out and working on other guns. Like carrying it, hard to beat that way, fair bit of barrel jump with factory rounds in it, but, once you know it wants to do that, it is quite manageable. It'll be in a contest with a new #1 in 7-08, see what happens with it. May wind up selling both of those and getting a K95 yet.

Krieghoff Classic 30R Blaser
Stevens 044-1/2 218 Bee
Ruger #1A 7-08
Rem 700 7-08
Tikka t3x lite 6.5 creedmo
Tikka TAC A1 6.5 creedmo
Win 1885 300H&H. 223Rem
Merkel K1 7 Rem mag
CCFR

Posts: 284 | Location: southern AB | Registered: 17 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nice one Mike. Did you shoot factory ammo at the range to get sub-MOA?
I've got a 6.5 Creedmoor (Mauser) I should take to the range. Haven't touched it in years.

CB

The gun/barrel is sub Moa.

I am shooting federal non typical 140 grain softpoint $17 at academy.

The k-95 is a great hunting rifle. But it is a tough gun to shoot for accuracy. It is very light - great carry gun but tough for a target gun

I am using a Swarovski z3 3-10x with ballistic reticle. The scope is great hunting scope not so sure for testing accuracy.

I shoot a creedmoor in R8 with a Leica 3-15x. It is a much more easier gun and scope to shoot for accuracy - I have shot .25 moa.

The trigger in the R8 is much better than the k95.

I really like the k95 in 6.5 - I probably have shot 100 rounds already.

I need to be burning my 308 06 300 win mag and 375 h&h ammo not 6.5 I need to buy every other day.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My K95 trigger, which has quite a few rounds through the action, is every bit as good as my R8 frames.

I agree the K95 is tough to shoot from the bench. I have a 300 Weatherby barrel and it is a real handful from the bench. However, it shoots 150 CEB Raptors into .25" so I'll "live" with it.

Posts: 352 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 29 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rodell:
My K95 trigger, which has quite a few rounds through the action, is every bit as good as my R8 frames.

I agree the K95 is tough to shoot from the bench. I have a 300 Weatherby barrel and it is a real handful from the bench. However, it shoots 150 CEB Raptors into .25" so I'll "live" with it.

The k-95 is a fun gun to shoot but not off the bench.

For me a big 30mm 3-15 Leica is better for target shooting than a swaro z3. I may put a Leica on a k-95 for accuracy testing /shooting.

I shoot the k-95 way more than I should. I am buying 6.5 ammo twice a week when my goal is to shoot thru my other ammo stockpile.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had the blaser smith change the springs out to 1.5lb. Its as light and as crisp as my R93.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
125 yards
140 grain hornady black
4 shot group
Top is 3 shots in same hole

Styrofoam plate used as target backing - I do that when I shoot blasers - too many holes in one. Saeed mocks me.

This gun can shoot and it likes Hornady better than federal.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, where do you find styrofoam plates in 36" diameter? :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mike, where do you find styrofoam plates in 36" diameter? :-)

Costco - it’s called the Biebs brunch plate Big Grin

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

No, my brunch plates have wheels on them :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

No, my brunch plates have wheels on them :-)
rotflmo

Posts: 124 | Location: Hickory, PA | Registered: 13 May 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like my k95 so much I am thinking about getting an attaché k95.

It is much nicer wood 7 versus 5. I think mine is awesome right now.

I like the full wood look of a attaché.

Problem is attaché barrels would not transfer to my gun but mine would transfer to attaché.

I have a 6.5 and 30/06 on order.

May have to go 308 on the attaché if I get one. It will take nearly a year to get it.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The k-95 with hornady precision hunter 143 grain eld-x shot a sub 2 inch group at 328 yards (300 meters).

That is crazy for a 5 pound rifle.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

And a 5 MOA shooter behind the trigger! :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

And a 5 MOA shooter behind the trigger! :-)

Yup but comparing to the Biebs I am a regular f class sharpshooter Big Grin

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mike

You should probably define what the "F" means. I can offer a few suggestions :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Mike

You should probably define what the "F" means. I can offer a few suggestions :-)

Fanta f@@ker Big Grin

I went to harbor freight and bought a $2.99 caliper. The group was 1.5481 (inches Biebs not yards)

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn....now I WANT a Fanta!!!!!! :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shot Nosler match 140 grain .3266 group at 100 yards.

Shot Winchester 140 grain cheap stuff - $16 a box and it was .5226 group.

Sent more pictures to Biebs to rub it in.

I am shooting this gun way too much but it is a great gun to shoot. I am also getting better with it.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
140 grain sig match ammo .444 inch 3 shot group.

This is the best gun I have ever bought.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered a k-95 attaché left handed in 270 win.

Hopefully gets here by Xmas.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got the 30/06 barrel finally.

Had a Leupold vx6 Boone and Crockett reticle scope lying around.

180 Barnes tsx ammo also lying around.

Gun shoot well.

But the recoil was definitely stout.

I will be shooting 1000s of rounds thru the 6.5 and a few hundred thru the 30/06.

Will be hunting with it next week.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
I picked up the rifle.

It is beautiful. I was surprised how light it is.

Will scope and sight it this week.

Will post some better pictures tomorrow.

Mike

Looks better now that Photobucket has blurred the images!!

Cool

Still butt ugly though.

barf

jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am glad you don’t like it Todd Big Grin

You have the single worst eye for rifles. Why don’t you post a picture of the cz monstrosity you built Big Grin

A picture is worth a 1000 words dancing

I love my k-95 - it is a beauty. Shoots well too.

Kick a little hard in 30/06.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Barnes 165 tsx federal factory ammo.

Shot .56 moa.

I ended up shooting the 30/06 a lot too.

I will get used to the recoil.

Love the k-95. Still r8 is a better rifle. I just love the k-95.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did bloody the K-95 by killing a nice 6 point South Carolina whitetail.

This gun will get used and shot a lot.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:

You have the single worst eye for rifles.

Mike

Oh boy, if there was ever an example of projecting ones sins onto another, that's it!

clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:

You have the single worst eye for rifles.

Mike

Oh boy, if there was ever an example of projecting ones sins onto another, that's it!

clap

Just post a picture of your rifle and it will clear up everything Big Grin

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd

Please post a picture of the monstrosity you created by taking a perfectly functioning cz control round feed big bore rifle Wink

I even named the rifle for your - the Rosie O'Donnell Big Grin

Mike