THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    Meacham barrelled action... Help!

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meacham barrelled action... Help!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have an opportunity to buy a Meacham barrelled action (.22 Hornet) and a 1" 8X Unertl for a very good price.

I have never seen a Meacham action or rifle and know nothing about them.

Are they a quality product? What are they worth... the actions, finished guns, etc?

Does anyone have any experience with a Meacham?

Any pictures?

Any info at all would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dick Wright

Posts: 669 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 27 March 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
The ones I have seen are Winchester highwall clones. A lot of serious Schutzen and BPCR silhouette shooters use them to build match rifles, and from what I have seen/heard, the quality is excellent. Dixie Gunworks sells a new Meacham Schutzen rifle for $3,100.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3816 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I now own it. I met the owner at a gun show who had a Unertl I wanted. He's old and in poor health. He offerred me a package deal I couldn't turn down and I bought it all...

I have a brand new Meacham action barrelled in .22 Hornet. It has a spare NIB .375 barrel, DNK the twist but intended for black powder cartridge use. The action is color case hardened and the .22 barrel blued. It has never been stocked or fired. I have no idea what to do with it. I don't know what it's worth except that Meacham has a good rep for quality.

I plan to keep the Unertl.

Suggestions solicited.

Thanks,

Dick Wright

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's gone. An old friend was looking for an action to make a black powder match rifle.

Dick Wright