Find
Notify
Tools

25-35 in a Cadet?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted
Does anyone have a 25-35 in a Martini Cadet?.....I have a Cadet action that I've been saving to make a stalking rifle and I was tossing up between a 25-35 and a 7-30 Waters......the biggest game for it would be Fallow deer and down to possums and rabbits.
Anyone got one, whats your opinion?

I like this stock...sorry about the poor quality pic....

Roger

Posts: 1031 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a cadet in 25-35 and I love it. It is one that I built up several years ago. When I built is I converted the action to a side lever system, and mad a safety system that fits into the front of the trigger guard very much like the old browning A5’s had. I also did it up with a full ribbed barrel that is half octagon,

Posts: 61 | Location: Big Timber Mt. / Campbell NY | Registered: 27 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
Pics....we definately need pics

Roger

Posts: 1031 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one in 7x30 waters, If I was doing it again, I would go with 25-35 though. The taper of the case would make dropping one down the ramp so easy!

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
While I love my 7-30 Waters cadet, I would also opt for the 25-35 were I to start from scratch. I would also go with a 24-inch barrel and a 1:10 twist.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3810 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry I’m not able to post pictures on this site but you ca see pictures of the gun in the white at www.gunmaker.biz

Posts: 61 | Location: Big Timber Mt. / Campbell NY | Registered: 27 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I knew a guy in Lusk Wy. that won a ton of turkeys, hams and bacon with one...Id love to have a Ruger no 1A in 25-35..I have a couple of 94s..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
Thanks Joe, I actually have quite a few pics of that rifle on my computer.....lovely, but a bit upmarket for me

Roger

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one in 7-30 Waters and I like it it shoots 1/2 inch groups consistantly.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1502 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
This is a blatant bump......but I'd still like to see some pics Whistling

Roger

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
I have posted this before. My cadet in 7-30 Waters. The lever on the right side is the safety, up for safe, forward for fire.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3810 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Mine is built as a stalking rifle and weighs in at just 6 1/4 lbs.

Hold still varmint; while I plugs yer!
If'n I miss, our band of 45/70 brothers, will fill yer full of lead!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by prewar47:
Here is a .25-35 WCF on a Model 12 that I completed last year.

posted Hide Post
Here is a Model 12 BSA that I finished last year.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some truly beautiful rifles here!

Posts: 458 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 28 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one in 25-35; I had it rebarreled to fit the original stock. Except for the sight ramps, it looks like the Aussie it used to be. So far it shoots as well as I can, and for hunting, I'll be using the Hornady gummy-tips or the 100gr Speer HP's for deer and some 60gr "mouse fart" loads for small game--I may just carry it empty and slip one or the other in when game presents itself. The little 60's over 4.7gr of Trailboss shoot one-hole groups (off the bench) at 25 and decent 2" groups at 50, about 2" low--that's with my 1-10" twist.

Posts: 39 | Location: far from God's country | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I cut my teeth on the 25-35 on both deer and elk, and I have a world of respect for that caliber, GS Customs makes a 97 gr. monolithic HP for the caliber and its as long as the cup and core Horndays 117 gr RN, and gets me 2700 plus in a 94 carbine...I also have about 20 boxes of old clean factory WW and Rem ammo..I still hunt deer with that gun from time to time and shot a cow elk with it a few years ago..

Someday I will run into a single shot 25-35 and I will sure buy it. A Ruger fwt. 1-A would be really neat..I have one in 250-3000 that I really like.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote