THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    Ruger No. 1 Full stock in .30-06

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger No. 1 Full stock in .30-06
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted

General question to the Ruger experts on here - model number 1 in .30-06 full stock, decent wood but not top, good overall condition. What sort of price would you see in the US ?

I know ..... how long is a piece of string but just a ball park number is what I am looking for. Thanks for helping!

Charlie

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2258 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
look on gunbroker, there are usually one or two there

Posts: 1068 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A 270 was listed on GB for 1400 and did not sell. Price was dropped and it has a 1275 bid. It is in excellent condition and has nice wood. A 7x57 went for nearly 2400 in original box and like new. A 30-06 will likely not have high demand for that clambering. Really nice wood will bring a premium if gun is in excellent condition but not much more than 1300. If you don't have to ship it or pay taxes on it that helps.

Posts: 376 | Location: USA | Registered: 26 March 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Charlie,

In a gunshop all Ruger #1's are generally $750-1300 used discounting any upgrade for a top end scope.

The $750 versions are usually pretty rough or in a less desirable caliber.

I have also noticed that the one off version's generally sit at $1500-2500 and never move from dealer's shelves.

Things like a 50th Anniversary, or some other commemerative.

I'd like to find a new medium sporter in 30-06. I know they made them, but I never found one in stock anywhere.

The most accurate Ruger #1 I have ever owned was a 375 H&H stainless was a half inch gun.

The least accurate was a 45-70 red pad it was a 3-4 inch gun with every load.

I have not seen one in about 10 months in the shops.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
Charlie,

In a gunshop all Ruger #1's are generally $750-1300 used discounting any upgrade for a top end scope.

The $750 versions are usually pretty rough or in a less desirable caliber.

I have also noticed that the one off version's generally sit at $1500-2500 and never move from dealer's shelves.

Things like a 50th Anniversary, or some other commemerative.

I'd like to find a new medium sporter in 30-06. I know they made them, but I never found one in stock anywhere.

The most accurate Ruger #1 I have ever owned was a 375 H&H stainless was a half inch gun.

The least accurate was a 45-70 red pad it was a 3-4 inch gun with every load.

I have not seen one in about 10 months in the shops.

My Ruger #1 experience is limited. I have a SS #1 in 45/70 that is stunningly accurate from the bench with stout handloads. I purchased a 30-06 that the accuracy was 2MOA not exactly what I expected from a 06 and tailored handloads. I had it rebarreled in 35 Whelen.

I've had other non- #1 Rugers and my experience has been all had excellent metal working and fit and finish were good but some were tack drivers and others were ehhh not so good.

one of us
posted Hide Post
the Hollowells for instance are ordered direct from Ruger in bulk of 250 never to be copied again by Ruger...Those guns have traditionally sold for $1600 to $1900 and double in price within a year or two...They have all been an excellent investment for me..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My experience is the older rugers didn't set any bench rest records and shot in the 2 inch plus unless tuned...Todays no. 1s that Ive bought and sold have all been tack drivers, I suspect thats the result of Rugers decision to make their own barrels and quit using those cheap barrels whos name I won't mention as the looneys always jump on that one!! telling all the cheap barrels were as good as the expensive barrels! the bullshit crowd. hammering

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote