Find
Notify
Tools

Kiplauf's
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
Beyond Merkel, Blaser, Krieghoff and CZ what other companies are making single shot guns in Europe?

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Haenel, Sabatti, Baikal, Fair, ViMa

Posts: 118 | Location: Norway | Registered: 09 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
Beyond Merkel, Blaser, Krieghoff and CZ what other companies are making single shot guns in Europe?

In what price range?

Posts: 4828 | Location: IN YOUR POOL | Registered: 10 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a K95, but I already have 3 barrels fitted to it. I am looking for other options.

The Sabatti is a pretty gun for the money, that might be a good option. A 222 would be a lot of fun for grouse, fox and marmots.

The owner of a gunshop in Spain I bought my Blaser S-2 from had a Sabatti 6.5x57 he had used on tons of Spanish ibex and chamois. He thought highly of it.

The Fair is pedestrian looking. The ViMa I had not heard of, the Baikal is the most pedestrian looking. I'll have to handle the Haenel when I step off the aircraft next month.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did you ever get to check out the Haenel? I'm considering ordering one and would like to hear your opinion.

It's not the caliber of the rifle that matters - It's the caliber of the man behind it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You could consider a Luxus Arms break open, available in most any caliber, with the most beautiful wood. You select the wood, match barrel,
decoration,finish, and engraving etc. one of the best parts is the trigger. Made in the USA.

Fred M.
zermel@shaw.ca

Posts: 465 | Location: Canada | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rizzini have a nice looking break open single shot.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canadaboy:
Did you ever get to check out the Haenel? I'm considering ordering one and would like to hear your opinion.

I did not see one at my local Frankonia.

I'll get to the big city after Christmas and see if someone has one down there. We are also going to Salzberg, Austria in January. I think there is a big gunshop down there I'll take a look if they have one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZERMEL:
You could consider a Luxus Arms break open, available in most any caliber, with the most beautiful wood. You select the wood, match barrel,
decoration,finish, and engraving etc. one of the best parts is the trigger. Made in the USA.

Not my style.

One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
The wife and I have the Merkel single shot rifle. Mine is a K3 in 30-06 and hers is a K1 in 7x57R. We love them. They are light and sub-MOA with about any load you throw in them.

The Haenel Jaeger 9 appears to be a economy version of the Merkel K3 which would make sense as I believe Merkel owns Haenel.

Safe travels............Larry

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Heym and the supreme gunsmiths like Ziegenhahn, Prinz or Retz und Sohn. They are all very special manufacturers of the finest guns in the world. I think you should buy a custom gun instaed of a Blaser or Merkel out of the box.

Waidmannsheil

Vogtlaender

Posts: 10 | Location: Germany | Registered: 14 May 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh hell just go all the way and stop by and visit Max Ern. It does not get any better than that.

http://max-ern.com/english/galerie4-1.htm

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks very nice

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of goals one of is to see if I can find a few blockbuchsen of the Heeren type.

The second is a smaller large caliber double rifle, either a 450/400, 500/416 or 375 H&H (not flanged) for a reasonable price.

The third goal is a big mauser.

The fourth goal is to take advantage of my .19 tax break, and a sale and end up with one of the new Sauer 404 carbon fiber synchros for about $4000.

All of these goals are based on me not moving again while we are here. Moves are expensive, and any move will blow huge holes in any hunting.

one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
Amen on Max Ern - plus he and his family are wonderfully gracious people. Stop by for a visit if nothing else. Exquisite rifles!

Posts: 964 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I looked at Max Ern's website, yep they look like nice rifles.