THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    You oughta see what this guy does with Single shot Rugers.

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You oughta see what this guy does with Single shot Rugers.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
RJ Renner
www.rjrenner.com
www.rjrenner.BlogSpot.com

Check out both web sights, I think he is in Nev. and his prices are to kill for..What he can do with a Ruger is outstanding.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks to me like the "Pre-War 77" treatment is one of the best things that could happen to a 77. The 1s and 3s are very nice as well.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray,

Good catch. I've book-marked his site and will be in touch with him, end of next month about working on my 1A / .275 Rigby,.....which is proving to be very accurate despite the abysmal trigger.

Thanks.

Cheers

EDIT: On Mr. Renner's Ruger # 1 website, I am unable to get "Contact" to work? A lengthy Google search to find another way to contact him came up empty. Anyone who can provide a contact link, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
TASK1,

go to the underhammer link. He's in Sparks, NEV.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Idaho. Smiler I did. He's shut that down except for reading. Will try to find him in Sparks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK,....found it:

info@rjrenner.com

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Those under hammers!!!!

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27590 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the Ruger #1 is a great looking rifle. I can't walk past one and not pick it up. It appears this guy takes it to the next level.
Having said that, I have owned and sold four of them. They all were "not so good" accuracy wise, even after lots of accurizing work and dollars.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2628 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Task,

Let us know how your communications with him go, I have a pretty little red pad in 270 Win that I'd consider getting re-worked by him.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I had one of Roger's old Pacific Zephyr underhammers in 20 bore, but foolishly sold it before using it. It was sooo gorgeous! I believe the Pacific Rifle Company was originally located here in Oregon, in Portland.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
Task,

Let us know how your communications with him go, I have a pretty little red pad in 270 Win that I'd consider getting re-worked by him.

Frank,

Will do. Self employed, am very busy right now. Updating you won't be the problem. The problem will be remembering to update you. Smiler

If you don't hear back, let me know.

Cheers

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TASK1:
quote:
Task,

Frank,

Will do. Self employed, am very busy right now. Updating you won't be the problem. The problem will be remembering to update you. Smiler

Cheers

No worries, if you happen to remember that would be great. I'm in no hurry.

Thanks,

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just received a note from Mr. Renner. His turn around time is about 6 weeks, depending on how busy the stock checker is.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
I have a No.1B in .257 Roberts that just cries out for his stalking rifle treatment.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3810 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just looking at the under hammer photo makes me want another one, had an 8bore from Pacific, when they where open, should have kept that ole girl!!

Stay Alert,Stay Alive
Niet geschoten is altijd mis

Hate of America is the defeat position of failed individuals and the failing state

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Great link

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
8 bore underhammer anyone?

http://underhammers.blogspot.c...ith-african.html?m=1

https://www.the-saleroom.com/e...2855475/lot-14472810

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27590 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the stalking rifle a lot. This guy has a good eye for lines.

Dick Wright

Posts: 669 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 27 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TASK1:
quote:
Task,

Frank,

Cheers

No worries, if you happen to remember that would be great. I'm in no hurry.

Thanks,

After my email requesting information, got a prompt & very professional reply. I'm mainly interested in his trigger work, not the whole enchilada. Told him I will certainly consider any other recommendations he might want to make after he receives the rifle.

Plans are to send the rifle mid January with a turn around time about 6 weeks. His time frame and costs were, IMO, reasonable.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

One of Us
posted Hide Post
He's updated his page to include other rifles on the bolt action section. Check out what he can do with a CZ 550 factory stock.

DRSS

Posts: 1148 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roger built me a 12 bore underhammer a few years back that is just a work of art that shoots extremely well. He is easy to work with and does top notch work. Would recommend his work to anyone.

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
I do like the looks of that CZ.
Would like to have that treatment done to a Ruger magnum.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That would make the Ruger magnum what it should have been like all along.

DRSS

Posts: 1148 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had Roger overhaul my Ruger #1 275 Rigby to his stalking rifle standard. I am not disappointed! It looks just like the one in the picture on his website. He did some trigger work and install a Tropp safety also. Top notch work. It was a little more than six weeks, but ok.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got a #1- S in 30-06 with 24" barrel that is tempting me to send it to him. My only real gripe with #1s is that damnable gap under the quarter rib. I'm sure most people who buy #1s would gladly pay the extra cost to have the rib fitted correctly........or made integral like the safari magnums. Oh well.....what do I know?

DRSS

one of us
posted Hide Post
It seems to me I looked at a Ruger mod. 77 on a table at a gun show he did, he cut a schnable forend, side panals, checkering and Prince of whales grip and steel butt plate..It was awesome and on a rather plain factory stock, never noticed the 1X factory stock, the workmanship caught me..Very talented man..Talk about making a silk purse from a sows ear, he can do it and on the cheap..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I spoke today with Mr. Renner, and I am going to have him do his rigby treatment to my whitworth .375.

I am going to hunt with it in December with Capt. Purvis and then send it in after.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a Ruger #1 in 450-400 for $749 on close-out, and had an exhibition-grade unfinished stock set. I'm sending it down tomorrow to have a British Stalking Rifle made.

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been thinking about that for my 450/400 also Biebs. I sure like my 275 Rigby he did.