Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger NO.1 Trigger Question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi All,

A friend has a Ruger RSI for sale, from his uncle's estate. I am interested, however, he nor I Know what the screws in the trigger are for. I attach a photo of the screws in the trigger and would appreciate any information you all can give me.

Posts: 143 | Location: Chula Vista, California, USA | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like homemade overtravel stops.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
No, those are in all Ruger #1s; the front one is for weight and the back one is for overtravel. But they are just set screws; not sure what is in your picture.

Posts: 17102 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the way I see it, the screws are in the trigger itself and they are trigger overtravel stops..notice the striations in the trigger....

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Read what I said above; they are not both overtravel screws. They are factory and are two set screws.

Posts: 17102 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jkingrph
posted Hide Post
What Dpcd said, not trigger stop screws. Think, why would you need two for the same purpose. Those were found on earlier guns and later changed. I think the later models had one screw, but cannot remember exactly as non of mine no longer have the factory trigger. I replaced the factory trigger with some of the Moyer triggers which have the two adjustment screws as pictured above, and a few of the Kepplinger set triggers.

JJK

Posts: 299 | Location: E. Texas, NE Louisiana | Registered: 10 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DPCD is spot on. My 1A made in 2005 has the same two screws. Don't think I ever noticed them since they are fairly "high" up on the trigger. I bought this rifle second hand, but Ruger has a No 1 owner's manual online which I found by doing a serial number lookup. Not sure if this manual dates to the period of my rifle, but digging through it there are references to the screws in the trigger.

Ruger Serial Number Lookup

No 1 Manual

Page 15 - trigger adjustment warning includes a diagram showing them

Pages 29-30 - exploded diagram and parts list. Shows the screws as part numbers 20 (sear adjustment screw) and 31 (trigger spring adjustment screw)

Posts: 535 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 17 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well they sure don't look like factory installed screws, looks more like a gunny butcher with a dremal..

In the scematic two screws are up high in the trigger and point straight up and seem to me to be not the same as the picture, the location and appearance is just different, surely thats obvious..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just looked at my No.1 I brought used in 1978.

It has two screws in the same location as the picture.

The only thing wrong with the screws and the holes, I see is someone might have bunged up them trying to adjust them.

Or they tried to do something else with them.

Posts: 19357 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The picture and the parts page seem to me are different in that in the parts page schematic are allmost straight up in the very top of the trigger????????Not so in the furnished photo! or so it appears to me..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
parts page schematic

I have found are never all that accurate.

Posts: 19357 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you like the Ruger No1, but not it’s trigger, get the Jard model. I have only installed one, but it is really nice.

Posts: 41 | Location: Millersville, MD | Registered: 12 September 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Littlebluetruck:
If you like the Ruger No1, but not it’s trigger, get the Jard model. I have only installed one, but it is really nice.

I have a Jard trigger in my Ruger No. 1 in 25-'06. Waiting for metal finishing, but the trigger is a big improvement.

Posts: 872 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote