New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recall on Henry Single Shot
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Henry has recalled their Single Shot rifle H015.

Apparently, it fires with the hammer partially cocked wo the trigger being pulled. The hammer fall at partial cock (not sure if they mean half cock) will cause cartridge to discharge.

Posts: 10608 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's not just a recall, there's also and upgrade to lighten trigger pull, this was announced in July.

The Issue & Fix:
Under certain conditions, it is possible that some of these rifles and shotguns may discharge without the trigger being pulled if the hammer is partially cocked and released. Henry has identified the cause of the issue, and it will be corrected by replacing various components of the fire control system.

Complimentary Upgrade:
Henry Repeating Arms is also implementing a complimentary and unrelated upgrade for all firearms affected by this safety recall. This upgrade involves a replacement of the trigger guard, hammer, and hammer spring. This design change to improve and reduce the trigger pull has already been incorporated into all H015 rifles and shotguns manufactured in 2020, and will be made to your rifle or shotgun free of charge.

https://www.henryusa.com/recall/

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
That little rifle interests me -- one of the few Henry products that does. Glad they have sorted out the issue.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16305 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
It is cute isn't it Bill?

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Has anyone used one of these rifles? I am interested in the accuracy and overall comments on the rifle. Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I looked at one at Cabela’s but have not shot one.
For a $400 rifle it’s okay, decent finish, walnut stock. Stock is good fit and if someone wants a more trim stalker some file work and refinish it’s ready for the Scottish moors.
It’s not the Lexus 11 but it’s 1/10th the price.

M

Posts: 1223 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have 2 Henry single shots, one in 243 and one in 44 mag. The only load i have shot in the 243 is Federal Fusion 95 gr factory ammo. With a 4x scope it will shoot 1.25 to 1.5" groups at 100 yards. When i bought them the trigger pulls were between 5 and 6 lbs, After the recall and trigger upgrade they are 2 lbs. 12 oz. and 2 lbs 15 oz. so far i am happy with them.

Posts: 117 | Location: Wisconsin , USA | Registered: 07 August 2004Reply With Quote