Find
Notify
Tools

Luxus Model 11
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gents,
I have one of these rifles in .300 WM that I got several years ago and have yet to shoot it. I'm planning on using it this coming year and am having a hard time finding mounts that fit, also didn't receive an owners manual with it. Does anyone on here happen to have one of these that could give some advice about scope mounts? Pretty nice rifle, has some outstanding wood. Thanks.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2723 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine has a quarter rib which is slotted / fitted to accept Talley rings.

Posts: 815 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I’ll give that a try. Did yours come with any type of manual?

Karl Evans

Posts: 2723 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Karl, I've had a couple Luxus 11 rifles. The Talley info is correct. I've never seen a manual for them...it was a pretty small operation. Nice little single-shots!

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't remember a manual of any kind. I got a receipt for the custom build and that was about it. There are a few older youtube video reviews for some general info.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Scott:
I don't remember a manual of any kind. I got a receipt for the custom build and that was about it. There are a few older youtube video reviews for some general info.
And a picture just because I enjoy looking at it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Beibs, got a set of Talley’s on the way.

Karl Evans

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike, I’ve heard from others that there was no manual, got the scope mints figured out, too.

Karl Evans

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recall getting a manual with mine, though I can't lay hands on it at the moment. I have serial number 013, if that tells you anything.

The manual gave directions for removing and swapping out the barrels. I got two with mine, .30-06 and 7-08.

Posts: 6058 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow that rifle is great looking. And unlike the Ruger #1 I like so much, the rear scope ring is over the front of the trigger guard, making correct scope eye relief easier to achieve.

Posts: 41 | Location: Millersville, MD | Registered: 12 September 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
I recall getting a manual with mine, though I can't lay hands on it at the moment. I have serial number 013, if that tells you anything.

The manual gave directions for removing and swapping out the barrels. I got two with mine, .30-06 and 7-08.

Thanks for posting, if you run across the manual I’d gladly pay for a copy.
Several years ago Lucy’s made a small run for DSC (I think 7 rifles), these rifles had serial numbers beginning with “DSC” and I got DSC 001. Really nice rifle that I’ve finally decided to put to use.

Karl Evans

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It wasn't a real "manual," as I recall it. Just a page or two, and the only part that triggers any recall for me was the directions for removing the barrel.

If I find it, I'll just mail you a copy. No need for payment.

Are they still making these rifles? Maybe you can get a manual from the maker.

Posts: 6058 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote