THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    Steve Earle- Fraser Rook Action in developement!

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Steve Earle- Fraser Rook Action in developement!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Steve Earle is in the process of bringing a small falling block Fraser Rook action to market. It has been in development for a while now. If this action can handle 222 Rem based cartridges, I would be excited. If think if seriously interested individuals would start bugging the folks that market his stuff, that Rook action might get produced a lot sooner. I don’t imagine that his other actions sell like hot cakes.

http://www.steveearleproducts.com/rook_fraser.html

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3276 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's interesting. I have been looking at his larger Fraser for a while but it's still a long way down my priority list.

Posts: 815 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Scott:
That's interesting. I have been looking at his larger Fraser for a while but it's still a long way down my priority list.

That large Fraser action is sweet.

Matt
FISH!!

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3276 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of asdf
posted Hide Post
He's been working on that action for over 3 1/2 years now. Rifle actions are a side job for him, and the word is he's been very busy with his real job.

It will be a welcome addition to the market. A gunsmith who's close to Earle told me the .357 should be no problem, so a .222 will be close. I kind of doubt there will be a rimless extractor, though.

Posts: 977 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 01 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by asdf:
He's been working on that action for over 3 1/2 years now. Rifle actions are a side job for him, and the word is he's been very busy with his real job.

It will be a welcome addition to the market. A gunsmith who's close to Earle told me the .357 should be no problem, so a .222 will be close. I kind of doubt there will be a rimless extractor, though.

There is a rimmed version of the 222. I think a rimmed version of the 221 Fireball would be cool. There are also several small bore wildcat rounds based on the 357 mag and maximum.

Matt
FISH!!

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
as long as it's better than Griffin's work.

Posts: 6361 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:
as long as it's better than Griffin's work.

By all account, Mr. Earles action and hardware are top shelf quality.

Matt
FISH!!

one of us
Picture of asdf
posted Hide Post
I’ve heard only very positive comments on Earle’s work. One respected gunsmith told me he thinks they are the highest quality actions available.

That funky Wesson mid-range has been calling me but other designs have my attention.

Posts: 977 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 01 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
He has a left handed option for his full sized action and I have been very tempted but I know that it will just sit in the safe with all the other unfinished projects.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Earle's actions are absolutely first class.