New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger no3
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
In a Swedish auction, .375win, first time i have have herd were was such a rifle. Starting price 2000-3000kr/210-310us$.

https://auktion.walterborg.se/.../h19/kulgevar/5845_7

Husqvarna no33 small frame rolling block hunting rifle 8*57 black powder.

https://auktion.walterborg.se/...on/h19/gevar/5834_10

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Yes there is/was and definitely buy it now at that price.
3000 Kronas is nothing.

Posts: 17011 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its a auction so 2000kr are only the starting bid.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Yes,, I mean if you can get it for that price, or even double that.

Posts: 17011 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fun little rifle, mine is a 45-70. Short, compact and packs a wallop on both ends.

"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind..."
Hosea 8:7

Posts: 579 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 January 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a couple. One custom and one in the waiting line.

Posts: 815 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Nordic, what dpcd says! I great buy at twice the prices. Boy, isn't that rolling block a beauty!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16275 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Nordic, I don't know how your auction companies are over there but on ones here like GunBroker E.G. There is usually a 'Buy It Now' price for $???. Also the option of an autobid that you can enter how high you are willing to go. Thus saving time + frustration during the bidding cycle.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Both nice rifles. I really like my #3 in .375 Win. I've been shooting 255 gr lead GC bullets in mine sized .376" and it drives tacks. Ballistically similar to the 9,3x57, another favorite.

Good luck!

I'm surprised at the chambering on that rolling block. I'd have expected 8x58R instead.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4856 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A #3 in 375 Win. is a rare bird for sure. Back in the 80's when I worked for a Ruger distributor, we got in 2 375 Win. and 2 30-40 Krag rifles in #3. I have always kicked myself for not grabbing one of the Krags.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
The funny thing is, the dealer I used to do a lot of gunsmithing for bought a lot of estate guns. In that lot were a #3 in 22 Hornet and one in .375 Win. I'd made an offer on a .22 Hornet which he accepted. Went home to fetch my money and when I returned the Hornet was gone. He claimed it was a mistake, and instead offered me the .375 at a substantial discount. I took it of course and am glad it worked out that way.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4856 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am thinking of going to the auction, i might do some bidding on the 8*57 no33 if i have money left then. I can use it for hunting and black powder matches. The no 33 is buildt on a small frame rolling block and the military 8*58rd m1889 on a large frame. They do also have a colt lightning in 32-20.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That Colt Lightning would be a fun little gun but check it out WELL 1st as they have a notoriety of malfunctions due to the , at the time, 1877 (new design). You don't find many without a flaw. Just a word of caution.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nordic2:
I am thinking of going to the auction, i might do some bidding on the 8*57 no33 if i have money left then. I can use it for hunting and black powder matches. The no 33 is buildt on a small frame rolling block and the military 8*58rd m1889 on a large frame. They do also have a colt lightning in 32-20.

Thanks for pointing that out, I totally missed the part where you posted "small frame", lol.

Aut vincere aut mori

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
That Colt Lightning would be a fun little gun but check it out WELL 1st as they have a notoriety of malfunctions due to the , at the time, 1877 (new design). You don't find many without a flaw. Just a word of caution.

I suspect he is referring to the rifle " lightning " not the pistol as he said it was a 32-20. You're correct about the pistol being prone to problems.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You're probably right. I never considered a rifle when I saw "Colt Lightning". I had one years ago in 44Colt or 44-40, I don't recall. Hell it might have been 38-40, its been so long ago. I never saw one in 32-20 but I did have an S+W 1st model HE in that caliber, so I guess that it was possible.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You're probably right. I never considered a rifle when I saw "Colt Lightning". I had one years ago in 44Colt or 44-40, I don't recall. Hell it might have been 38-40, its been so long ago. I never saw one in 32-20 but I did have an S+W 1st model HE in that caliber, so I guess that it was possible.

You probably had the 41 colt. If memory serves they were only made in 32, 38 and 41 calibers. Colt never called them "Lightning" , that was the name given to the 38 long colt version by the general public. Seems like the 41 was called "Thunderer" , that's the one John Wesley Harding carried in a shoulder holster.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I seem to remember reading somewhere that Wes carried his in his front pants pockets reversed (bbls. up) as that seemed to give him drawing speed (don't ask me how).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hogfarmer:
quote:
Originally posted by hogfarmer:
quote:

You probably had the 41 colt. If memory serves they were only made in 32, 38 and 41 calibers. Colt never called them "Lightning" , that was the name given to the 38 long colt version by the general public. Seems like the 41 was called "Thunderer" , that's the one John Wesley HARDIN carried in a shoulder holster.

No native Texan should have misspelled John Wesley Hardin, but I did, my apologies.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No worries Amigo, that was your one mistake for the year. Damn good thing the years almost over. Big Grin