New
Find
Notify
Tools

Martini Photo's
 Login/Join

<T. D. Clevenger>
posted
I have 5 sporterized Martini's. I want more.
Here's a picture of one of them. If you would like to see the rest, I'll post them.
I'd LOVE to see photos of other Martini sporters. I'd also like to buy a reasonably priced rimfire Martini Cadet.
Hope you like the picture.
T.D>

http://www.fototime.com/CE39D797A97A3DD/standard.jpg

one of us
Picture of tommyn
posted Hide Post
Sharp. Beautiful. Great. I like

one of us
posted Hide Post
ditto. More please. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
T.D.,

What cartridge is the pictured rifle chambered for?

I have a buddy with a small Martini that was rebarreled to .221 Fireball. He's talked of parting with it from time to time. He wants a Cooper in .221 Fireball.

I see you're from Mineral Wells. My folks used to live outside of Elizabeth. That's pretty country around the Hughes and Little Kanawha rivers.

Regards,
BigIron

<T. D. Clevenger>
posted
I have cadets in 222R and 219 Zipper. I have full sized martini's in 303, 45-70, and 243/303. I like them a lot.
The 222R and 219 Zipper are unbelievably accurate.
The 243/303 is too if you don't let the barrel get very warm. If you do, it sprays patterns!
The 303 has a little pitting up close to the chamber and shoots in the 1.5" to 2" neighborhood. It's will get a new barrel as soon as I find someone who can do it the way I want it.
The 45/70 I've never fired yet. It is WAY too heavy to carry. I don't know what it is for, but I like it.
The Mineralwells/Parkersburg area is a great place to live. Plenty of game, and many very nice people. Do you ever come back to the neighborhood to visit?
T.D.