THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    Question - Ruger # 1-A in .280 Remington

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question - Ruger # 1-A in .280 Remington
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Dear Sir -

How many of Ruger # 1-A in .280 Remington (Model # 11383) were made in 2014 or 2015 ?

Was this a Lipsey's limited edition run ?

Thanks
JMV375

Posts: 141 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 13 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
250, I believe.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3271 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
And I wish they had made them as the medium sporter version with the 24-inch barrel.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3810 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by loud-n-boomer:
And I wish they had made them as the medium sporter version with the 24-inch barrel.

Yup, 24” would have been nice. 26” even better, for my taste.

Matt
FISH!!

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3271 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ColoradoMatt:
quote:

A 1B with a 26 inch bbl would have been my choice.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
My current .280 started out as a No. 1B that was a 1970s gun with nice wood. It was rebarreled to .280 with a 26" light profile barrel before I bought it. I swapped out the forend for a 1S forend and added a barrel band swivel base. Now it is about perfect for me. It shoots sub-MOA groups with the right loads.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3810 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never been real big on wildcats but always thought the #1 with a 26" pipe would be a great platform for a 280 AI.
Would not take much alteration.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
I purchased my #1B in .280 Rem around 2003-2004 from the local walmart. Very accurate rifle...shoots great.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't mind a 20 to a 22" barrel in a .270,30-06, or a 280, for a hunting rifle, not at all, and it makes a heck of a saddle gun for a pack in hunt.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41746 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:
Originally posted by ColoradoMatt:
quote:

A 1B with a 26 inch bbl would have been my choice.

That is a 280 configuration that has been made in the past. If you look and ask around, you can probably find one.

Matt
FISH!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
All of my rifles are 22-24" barrels.

All of my 280s are 22".

I guess I'm with Ray on 280s.

I am also 5'7" tall however.

These barrel lengths suit me, and if I were taller, perhaps a 26" barrel would appeal to me.

Posts: 2574 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The #1 26 inch standard wt. barrel Hendry forend was the mod. 1-S. the best of the Ruger no.1s IMO but challenged by the 1-A the same gun with a fwt 22 inch barrel..Later the 1-S came out in a 338 Win. a rifle I should not have sold..All of the above had the nice Alex Hendry forend that I like.. These are the models I had at one time..They were all from Ruger factory at the time. I believe the .280 was from Ruger early on and not Lipskys, or Hollowell but wouldn't swear to it as they may have "reerected" it.. shocker

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41746 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Since the above post, the mind set went off, it has no safely btw and once again in my life I have now another Ruger 1-S in .338 Win..Loving this one as I did the other one some many years past..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120