THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    Found some Ruger No. 1-S-C's (45-70 26" barrel Circassian walnut)

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found some Ruger No. 1-S-C's (45-70 26" barrel Circassian walnut)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Passed through Sydney and Omaha Nebraska last weekend while traveling with my family on vacation. Found one Ruger 1-S-C at the Cabela's in Sydney and two at Cabela's in Omaha. I placed one of the two rifles in Omaha on layaway. It has very nice wood. A few months ago, I called Lipsey's about the 1-S-C, and they said that they were long out of production. Ruger's website says that 2014 #1 production started with SN 134-38440. The rifle I put on layaway is SN 134-400XX. Ruger is somewhat notorious for having oddities occur with their serial numbers, but I would bet my rifle is fresh from the factory. I will soon be advertising several items in the classified section to help me pay for this, including a NIB 1885 High Wall Traditional Sporter in 45-90, a couple of DWM mauser 98 actions, a mauser guild gun in 8mm-06, and maybe a rare Commercial proofed Oberndorf Banner K-98 in 7x57 (Shameless plugs intended).

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3276 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Cabelas in Post Falls Idaho has one. They have it on the "Gun Library" portion of their website.

Matt
FISH!!

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3276 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why don't they make more of these?

Posts: 815 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure how well the word got out on these. However, I believe my rife is from a new run or half run. Lipsey's has a history of re-ordering special runs that sell reasonably well and or get a lot of requests for new runs.

Matt
FISH!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Turns out Ruger just recently made up a couple dozen of these from the last of their parts, and they went through Lipsey's. I got this info from a fella on the Rugerforum, who got it from Lipsey's. All of the rifles from this short run that I have seen have the standard checkering pattern, rather than the Fancier pattern found on the first run, the"Boddington" rifles, and the anniversary rifles.

Matt
FISH!!