17th annual SHILEN SWAP MEET!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
14th Annual SWAP MEET

8am-2pm

May 15, 2021

2501 North Interstate Highway 45 Ennis, TX 751119

Please post the enclosed flier in a visible location and help to pass the word. ANYONE can come and ANYONE can be a vendor. There are NO entry or vendor fees and we will persevere RAIN or SHINE! There will be gun stuff everywhere, buy and sell as much as you like. There will be complementary lunch as always.

**See Barrel Making in process! A small crew will run machines from 8am to 11am and answer questions you may have about the process.

**Sign up for Drawings – There will be a table set up with a large sign-up chart that automatically enters you in drawings for free or discounted Shilen apparel or merchandise. This drawing is open to Vendors and Attendees. FIVE drawings will be held between 9am and 1pm. Find that table and get signed up!

** “Swap Meet Barrels” will be put out at 8:00am!! Swap Meet Barrels are barrels from J’s Rack that were originally ordered by our customers throughout the year that were either canceled or the customer changed their mind on contour, chamber, etc., we place these barrels in J’s Rack to assign to orders as needed but anything still remaining in stock will be sold at unbelievable discounts to our Swap Meet Customers Only! Please note that these barrels are in NO WAY factory “seconds” or any lower quality than what we produce everyday here at Shilen Rifles. The warranty on these barrels is the same as any of our barrels!

**Have stuff to get rid of? BYOT (Bring your own table) – Everyone has stuff to clear out to make room for more stuff. Anything gun related; presses, reloading, triggers, scope rings, doesn’t matter how big or how small someone’s here looking for it. Space is available on a first come first served basis. Vendors may start setting up at 7am. Vendors will be able to pull their vehicle up and set their table up behind it or drop their tailgate. Shoot us an email to get on the website vendor list. There is an exclusive Vendor Drawing at 1pm, you must be present to win and FIVE vendor names will be drawn.

**HOST – We just host this thing, people come and go as they like, we start early and don’t run late. Once things are gone, they are gone so if you are looking for something particular get here early and find it quick! Keep an eye on the website Swap Meet page to get an early look at some of what will be here.

Please see the attached flier for time and date, YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS THIS ONE!!

See you here,

Team Shilen

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I'll be there

17th? really?

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38437 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
I'll be there

17th? really?

Jennifer said 17th, and then the flyer said 14th.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I may make the trip from Houston just to shoot the breeze with Jeff.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ill be there.

Posts: 41766 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great, look me up.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I knew that date sounded familiar, then I was putting it in my phone and realized its my 27th Anniversary!
I'll ask Momma if i can get a kitchen pass...

Good luck and good shooting.
In Memory of Officer Nik Green, #198, Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop G...Murdered in the line of duty 12-26-03...A Good Man, A Good Officer, and A Good Friend gone too soon

Posts: 839 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hope to see you there. Understand that a shooters guns and equip. will be there to help his widow. It will be over the top in quality.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eterry:
I knew that date sounded familiar, then I was putting it in my phone and realized its my 27th Anniversary!
I'll ask Momma if i can get a kitchen pass...

Went to Burkburnet High School

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gathering a few items up for the Shilen Swap Meet this coming week end. Looking forward to it.

Craftsman

Posts: 1530 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Weather is going to be great. A lot of good shooti9ng items will be there.

One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
GringoC and I will be leaving Houston friday noon and staying at the local Comfort Inn in Ennis. Anybody else arriving early and want to meet for dinner, drop us a PM.
Butch. any chance of you bringing that Rigby/Enfield for us to drool over?

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2265 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This will be my first time to attend. Should be fun.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hope to be there for the meeting. I will have a few items of tools, Rem actions and my DVD's. It has been several years since my last trip up there and look forward to see everyone.

Les Brooks, retired gunsmith

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lee440:
GringoC and I will be leaving Houston friday noon and staying at the local Comfort Inn in Ennis. Anybody else arriving early and want to meet for dinner, drop us a PM.
Butch. any chance of you bringing that Rigby/Enfield for us to drool over?

I just might do that. I know of a pre64 that will be there with a Unertl scope and a Mauser in 243 with a Balvar scope. He also has 4 new in the box Ruger#1 with full stocks.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
i should be there around 9-930

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38437 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
y'all enjoy... was planning on coming, but work got in the way...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2826 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Didn't see you Jeff.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Lee and I found Jeff, we never ran across Butch. We did meet a few other AR guys but can’t remember their names.

We came home with quite a bit of stuff.

It was a lot of fun. Lot more people than I would have guessed.

Watching the guys in the shop drill and rifle barrels was very interesting. I kidded Lee, Wasn’t hard to find him. He would have tried to make a barrel if they would have let him.

Interesting to talk to the guy that made two barrels for me a few weeks back.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
We met Jtex and a friend of his, talked to Jeff, and missed meeting Butch somehow. We both spent way more money than we thought we would! I was really surprised at how much smaller the operation was than I had imagined. This is not criticism, the reality is that in a very well set up operation, less floor space is required than I realized. Seeing the WW2 era Pratt & Whitney boring machines was a treat, but the most interesting part for me was watching the button rifle machine at work. One pass with the button through a bored blank and in 26 seconds for CM, 28 seconds for SS, it was rifled! Somehow I had always been under the impression that it took multiple passes to get the job done. Has a dam good time and learned a lot too! I highly recommend this get together for any gun nut! Thanks again to Butch for all of the reminders!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2265 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I arrived shortly after 8:00 am and there were lots of people already there. There were quite a few tables with ammo, powder and primers for sale, more than I thought there would be. I didn’t see many bargains, primers and powder were both pretty expensive. Ammo was priced at about what one would see other places, however; I did find a case of mixed 20 ga ammo that I got for $40.00, also found some bullets I had been looking for at a reasonable price. I, too, watched a machinist drilling a blank, pretty neat operation. I was able to meet Butch, my friend Ron Prachyl found him for me and I enjoyed visiting with Butch for a few minutes. I wanted to stay and try to meet some other AR members but got a call that one of my cows was having a problem calving so had to go and try to help…lost the calf.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2741 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
I arrived shortly after 8:00 am and there were lots of people already there. There were quite a few tables with ammo, powder and primers for sale, more than I thought there would be. I didn’t see many bargains, primers and powder were both pretty expensive. Ammo was priced at about what one would see other places, however; I did find a case of mixed 20 ga ammo that I got for $40.00, also found some bullets I had been looking for at a reasonable price. I, too, watched a machinist drilling a blank, pretty neat operation. I was able to meet Butch, my friend Ron Prachyl found him for me and I enjoyed visiting with Butch for a few minutes. I wanted to stay and try to meet some other AR members but got a call that one of my cows was having a problem calving so had to go and try to help…lost the calf.

I bought a case of 20ga to go with my Beretta 391AL that was new in the box. I did buy 15,000 primers, 500 Berger 30 cal 215 grn. hybrid target bullets, and 300 RUM dies for my rifle that I'm building. It is a switch barrel 300-338 RUM. There were some good gun values in Gene Buky's estate. I think Buky's had 150 Krieger and Bartlien barrel blanks. A bud of mine bought 30 of them. Visited with Walt Kraftt that set up Sig's machine shop and test receivers in their ammo production shop in north Ark. The 277 Fury is something, say 80,000-85,000PSI in their hybrid SS and brass case.Barrel makers will love it.
Karl, our visit was sharp. I brought my Enfield to show Russ Gould, but something came up and I didn't get to meet him