THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Anyone Knows Of A Source Of Barrel Threads Drawing?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Knows Of A Source Of Barrel Threads Drawing?
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
I get people asking me on what threads are on some actions, sometimes of actions I have no experience of.

So I thought I will ask my friends here if they know of a source for this information.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66756 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a set of 28 pages of TSJC Barrel Shanks dimensions. You can down load these files by doing a search on the internet. Someone posted the link to these on Practical Machinist web site. I have lots of this info when I was a student in 1961 and these latest files are from the 1989 edition. If you need more help let me know.

Les Brooks, retired gunsmith

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe that "spearchucker" had posted a bunch of shank drawings here on the board somewhere.
BB

Posts: 391 | Location: CANADA | Registered: 06 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
DeHaas books also have some

Posts: 6361 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
In my head.

Posts: 17045 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scroll up 5 posts to the stickies. It may have what you want.

Hip

Posts: 1793 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DeHaas BOLT ACTION RIFLES, pp.300-309, 5 drawings/page.

Online it's 501-510. Drawings

Posts: 1678 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When in doubt check the header. http://forums.accuratereloadin...9411043/m/8671075902
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I get people asking me on what threads are on some actions, sometimes of actions I have no experience of.

So I thought I will ask my friends here if they know of a source for this information.

Posts: 3652 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Also, I have an old copy of the NRA Gunsmithing Guide, Updated, which has tenon/threading drawings for most of the guns available through the time it was published (1983).

https://smile.amazon.com/NRA-G...entries%2A=0&ie=UTF8

Posts: 1720 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote