THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, anyone examined the latest Zastava mauser?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I have a 2 year old, left handed Zastava in 458 Win mag. The metal finish is pretty good but the barrel was too light so I had ToomanyTools (John) put a heavier barrel on it. It has a steel floorplate.

The stock is too long in the length of pull and the finish and checkering is pretty awful.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
They are for sure worth $350. Yes the stock isn't that great I don't care for the style. I have refinished a number of their older ones and they make a serviceable stock. Their barrels have always been on the light side but I've never had one that wouldn't shoot MOA or less.

I hate the cross pin release. But you can quickly alter it so you don't have to groove your new stock.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
If you go to the "Lefties" Forum there are numerous reviews of the new Zastavas starting about on page 5 when we did the group buy here.

Here's one of the better threads with pictures:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...7108194/m/3141078871

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post