New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wisner QD scope mounts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a beautifully made set of 1” QD scope mounts the seller told me they were made by Jim Wisner
Has any one any information about these , they are similar to Talley but have a Left & Right hand thread thumb screws

Posts: 32 | Location: australia | Registered: 28 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I would PM Jim Wisner, here on AR; his son, who probably will know.

Posts: 17105 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have several sets of his rings, they're beautifully made and yes, similar to Talley's but, talley bases will not fit wisner rings. I had John McLaughlin make me a set of bases for them, but there are many smith's i'm sure that can make them for you .

Posts: 59 | Location: anchorage | Registered: 01 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Jim might be slow on a response at the moment. I was helping him with something recently and he mentioned he would be out of town for a bit. Just FYI.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ive seen a lot of Jims work and even sold a 500 NE bolt gun for him..His metal and wood work was and is outstanding. BTW that 500 shot like a varmint rifle..I highly recommend him as to his abilities.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have made these type of scope rings since 1986, they are simply a fully machined copy of the old Kimber of Oregon scope rings. Yes one lever shaft has Right Hand threads and the other has Left Hand threads so the levers can come together to be out of the way on many guns. Non Detachable rings are also available, same ring, but no lever

I made quite a few rings with a single screw on top for a number of years like the Kimber, but now make them with two screws on top for a stronger unit.

The dovetail section is just over 7/16" wide, while the Tally is 1/2' wide.

The scope base on the bottom is a factory Kimber of Oregon base, while the Custom base on the right is one I make now, with a wider bottom section, and double recoil shoulders to prevent scope ring movement during recoil.
The old Warne Premier bases will also work with my rings

I can supply the dims of the dovetail section for those who want to machine their own bases.
Also I do have some bases left over from 20 years ago from the old PME business.

Seems some changes have happened as to posting pics, click on the lower link that says Scope Rings to see the pic.

Jim Wisner

Scope rings

Posts: 1429 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

There I got the pic where it should be.

Kimber rings were a cast part, that was then machined.

My rings and parts are fully machined from bar stock

Hope this helps

Jim Wisner

Posts: 1429 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know the old saying. If you have to ask you can't afford it.

How much does a set cost?

KJK

Posts: 678 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 December 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jim
Answered all my questions & beautiful workmanship

Posts: 32 | Location: australia | Registered: 28 June 2012Reply With Quote