Notify
Tools

Cooper Mod 56 questions
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What is the extra piece of metal?
bmo harris bank atm near me

Its in 7 Rem Mag. Accuracy is starting to fall off. I just could not get it to feel clean! Bought a bore scope, appears to be fairly well fire cracked with the start of a carbon ring. Rebarreling is on my mind! The magazine will hold a 3.7 COAL. It feeds a 375 Ruger as far as it can. Being a fan of the 375 Ruger the 300PRC comes to mind! Does anybody know the thread? Does it depend on what the extra ring is? Time and money are not my friends. If the thread is common maybe I can find a 26", 1 in 9, 5R, SS prefit. Thanks for any help!

Posts: 694 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just a guess, but I would think it's a recoil lug.

Posts: 321 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 16 April 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, recoil lug.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 826 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the past if you actually shot out a barrel, Cooper would rebarrel at a nominal cost.
Worth a call. Let us know what they say.

Posts: 372 | Location: Atlanta.GA | Registered: 07 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I called. Yes, if you can prove you are the original owner they will rebarrel at a nominal cost. Guy could not look me up to see if I did register. He was not sure when the person who could would be back. They do not do 300 PRC. I talked to them when I first bought the rifle, finally gave up. Polite way to say it: different players, same game!

Posts: 694 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Waited a week for the promised called back. It did not happen. Called again today. They are closed. So I emailed! Reply directed me to email someone else. I won't chase my tail!

Back to my original question does anyone know what thread they used on the barrel?