New
Find
Notify
Tools

Super Blackhawk Springs
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was not happy with the factory 5-1/4 lb. trigger pull on my Ruger SBH Bisley Hunter, so I put Wolff springs into it - a 19 lb. hammer spring and 30 oz. trigger spring. It really lightened up the trigger pull, but at 2 lbs. it seems too light. What would be a good way to get it back to about 3-4 lb.?

sputster

Posts: 759 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Come on Tom, I'd like to know too.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sputster:
I was not happy with the factory 5-1/4 lb. trigger pull on my Ruger SBH Bisley Hunter, so I put Wolff springs into it - a 19 lb. hammer spring and 30 oz. trigger spring. It really lightened up the trigger pull, but at 2 lbs. it seems too light. What would be a good way to get it back to about 3-4 lb.?

Put the 40 oz trigger spring in.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4857 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
What he said, and actually you can tweak the trigger springs by bending the legs with needle nosed pliers. On the new model, which by now, is not new since it was introduced in 1974 or so. I remember it well. Although it is getting fuzzier.

Posts: 17058 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will do that. Thanks guys.

sputster

Posts: 759 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
She nice it’s just swapping springs. Put the factory hammer spring back in and leave Wolff trigger spring. Test that. I never liked slowing down that already slow hammer much myself.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote