THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Okay, sometimes I have a problem with impulse buying!

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Okay, sometimes I have a problem with impulse buying!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was at a gun show yesterday and saw a little military trainer in 5.4mm or .22 lr as we in America call it and had to have it. It helped the seller was willing to deal and the price was right on it as well. It needs a safety as that part is missing, but it's a cool little CRF with actual claw extractor. Near as I can tell it's a GECO 1933 pictures I found online.

Here are the pictures I was able to take last night with my cell.

Here are all the markings it has, sorry best I could do with my cell.

It has two locking lugs in the rear, this is a picture of the second lug, the other is the bolt handle.

Picture fo the claw extractor, cute little bugger.

The whole thing with the sporterized stock. The ramp on the rear sight is marked from 25-200 and I'm guessing that is in meters.

Anyone know a good source for parts? I tried good ol’ Numrich and they had nada. I would like to find the safety first and then maybe an original or reproduction stock.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I imagine you will be tempted to keep the rifle in original condition, but that is one hell of a find, and serious fodder for a nice custom 22.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lindy2:
I imagine you will be tempted to keep the rifle in original condition, but that is one hell of a find, and serious fodder for a nice custom 22.

Thanks, I'm really just looking for a safety. If my daughter uses it to shoot for 4H, I'll need the safety functioning on the rifle. To tell you the truth, I really don't know what I bought. I just had a gut feeling that I should buy this rifle. I have found out though that it's probably worth more than what I paid for it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am guessing that the safety will pretty much be a slightly smaller version of a standard Mauser flag safety. It may be possible to modify a Mauser 98K flag safety...or at least use it as a pattern for an engineer.

"Like this....only smaller HERE and HERE...".

What are the Proof Marks? Eagles over a letter or eagles over a Nazi swastika? These things are a piece of history from when Germany (both before and after Hitler's coming to power) was starting to thwart the Versailles Treaty provisons.

It is a good find. See this British website:

http://www.rifleman.org.uk/Mauser_training_rifle.htm

Posts: 6815 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only proof marks I see are a eagle B eagle U. They are exactly the same on the barrel as receiver. Thanks for the link.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
DSM34

Posts: 17105 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks