New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Missing A Rifle Bolt?
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 66768 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's where I put that! All joking aside, let's hope it was a small bore bolt.

Posts: 167 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder which end went in first.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well he was smart enough to not try hiding the whole rifle ! 2020 coffee

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whole new meaning to internal extractor.

Posts: 167 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My first wife was a nurse. During her time as an "intern" in the casualty department a red faced young man reported that he had had an accident.

He'd been standing on a chair to get something off his bookshelf and fell off it landing onto one of his collection of military artefacts.

Apparently whilst naked.

So they lie him down and have a look.

And can see "fins". At which point my wife, guessing what it is because of what I used to do, suggests that they evacuate the casualty area and call the Army bomb disposal as it is clearly the back end of a British Two Inch Mortar, mortar shell.

Which it was. Oh dear! All ended well and the it ended well with the only injury being to the young man's pride.

Posts: 6813 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
He's Australian, that's all you have to know.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
He's Australian, that's all you have to know.

Figures, it's a LE no. 4 bolt. Wink Which leads to the question , why ?

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boss Godfrey kep his in his belt..maybe this Aussie guy wore braces aka suspenders?

Posts: 6813 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Damned Aussies- prohibiting keeping a bolt up your ass? What a violation of personal liberty.

For Shame!

What would the idiot have done if he owned lever-action?

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
I would think that keeping your rifles bolt up your ass would be one of the safest places that you could ever find to store it. It's not like anyone other than an Aussie cop is going to look for it there. And I don't think that many people would have the stomach to fish it out of there either! And it's not like it's easily accessible. I'm sure that it would take a certain amount of finesse and care to pull it back out without doing some damage and then clean it up before you could use it!

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wonder if it was a straight pull or a turn bolt Confused shocker

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Looks like a SMELE!

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3810 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
wonder if it was a straight pull or a turn bolt Confused shocker

Turn bolt. But it's cock on closing!

popcorn

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Just saw this today and posted it. What the hell goes through someones mind? rotflmo

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7964 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Yes quite ironic that it is a 'rear' locking 'SMLE' bolt.

Posts: 3827 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
Just saw this today and posted it. What the hell goes through someones mind? rotflmo

May be he uses other part of his body instead of his mind? clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66768 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He actually should have chosen a more modern and thought out bolt design. One of the major problems with the Lee Enfield was it's poor gas handling abilities. In the event of a rupture, shit would come flying back right in your face.

coffee

Rod Henrickson

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Seems like a shitty way to treat a rifle to me.

Posts: 10112 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
The best line in the article:

"The man was charged by police with weapons offences, because his unique hiding place is apparently not 'an approved storage facility'. "

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What I would like to know is how did he swallow it so he could poop it out?? homer

Relive your memories take a kid hunting and fishing

Posts: 152 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 28 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Garth Baker:
What I would like to know is how did he swallow it so he could poop it out?? homer

Well Garth. You will figure all of this out after you've had your first prostrate exam and your doctor calls you back to his office an hour later because he can't find his wrist watch !

Rod Henrickson

one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
I have a Howa 1500 in the shop right now missing it's bolt; maybe I should ask the owner to check...

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2933 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many people in Canada call the SMLE a (SMELLY). I wonder? No, Canadians wouldn't do that. I think that's just a British thingy and we just picked up the (SMELLY) name thingy from them.

Rod Henrickson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
He had it there coz the Sheep said NaaaaaH!!

MopaneMike

Posts: 1110 | Location: Southern California USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote