New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rebore
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I recently acquired a bunch of 510 A-Square brass, a set of dies, and a bunch of bullets. I have a 460 Weatherby on a BBK02 action. Who could you suggest to rebore and rechamber for the .510? I had a name a long time ago that Idaho Sharpshooter gave me, but it was lost in one of my several computer upgrades since then. I think the gent he suggested was in Idaho, but not sure. Anyone have any suggestions? I know some will say just to rebarrel, but the barrel is a McGowan and the island rear sight base/recoil lug, barrel band swivel and banded front sight were done by Ellis Brown and I like the barrel profile as well. there is plenty of barrel to rebore to .510. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1640 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
JES; google him up.

Posts: 17095 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JES in Oregon handles a limited range of calibers, mainly a lever action guy. He did a 35/30-30 for me and also a 38-55 both starting with 30-30 barrels of course.

There is a guy in Pendleton OR who does more. Wayne someone. But I had a rough experience with him, he mutilated my receiver and was not very repentant about it. Had to do a partial re-engrave, at my cost. On another occasion he drilled a barrel for me for a liner and it was tight.

The "Delta" guy was in Idaho I think, but apparently he sold out. He was into big bores and could do double rifle work.

Ken Owen in Moscow TN can do it but may not want to. Depends on whether he has his rifling machine set up and what else he is working on.

There may be someone else that I don't know about.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2927 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
JES is on the web at http://35caliber.com/

He has done a couple of 35s for me with complete satisfaction and he rebores to .50, though I have no idea if he has a .510 A-Square reamer.

Posts: 967 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ Gould:

There is a guy in Pendleton OR who does more. Wayne someone. But I had a rough experience with him, he mutilated my receiver and was not very repentant about it. Had to do a partial re-engrave, at my cost. On another occasion he drilled a barrel for me for a liner and it was tight.

Wayne York, Oregon Gunsmithing. Have a friend who had similar issues with a Winchester 92 that he lined.

Posts: 698 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With Quote