New
Find
Notify
Tools

NOS Norwegian 308 Win Barrel
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I’ve got a 98 Mauser (DOT 44) that has a NOS Norwegian barrel in 308 Winchester. Haven’t shot it yet, but am considering more modifications such as D&T and new bolt handle and safety. Before investing in these, I’d like any input on how these barrels typically shoot. Are they decent quality barrels?

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 936 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
If it is an original complete military Kar98K, I strongly urge you not to alter it or drill it. You will immediately reduce it's value by 90% by doing so.
Yes they are good barrels, and the Norwegian rebuilds are collectable.

Posts: 17080 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I completely agree Tom. Unfortunately it is not original. It’s a DOT 44 action that was D&T for a receiver sight and the Norwegian military stepped barrel was added by a gunsmith in Florida. It’s also in a replacement commercial stock. I was wanting to get it D&T for a scope along with a new bolt handle and safety.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 936 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Ok, send it up.

Posts: 17080 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank Tom. Will sent next week.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net