New
Find
Notify
Tools

Richards Microfit Gunstocks
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I placed an order with Richards Microfit Gunstosks in August of this year and haven't received order or has anyone returned my phone calls. Has anyone had problems with them before? I don't know what to do next.

Posts: 159 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 12 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
all you can do is wait - i ordered a stock in march that was supposed to be in june, finally arrived in september, they don't answer e mails either by the way

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
In August....... heck you're barely in lineSmiler They're slow.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the support. I wanted it for a Christmas gift, so maybe I'll find a gift card and say it is comming, sometime.

One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
This is more the norm than exception. I have ordered from them and only got results with repeated call and complaints. When I suggested canceling the order they "found" my stock somewhere in the proccess and "expedited" its completion.

Since then I have heard this same story from 3 other people who have had exacttly the same experiences.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I order a stock from them last March and received it in late October. I finally got a hold of someone by listening to the recording and dialing in three digit numbers, when ask for the extension, until a phone finally started to ring. A fellow answered and my first statement was please here me out before you hang up. I explained my situation and he did some research and came back on the phone and said they would ship it out next week. Makes you wonder how the hell that company is run. I'm thinking kinda like this! coffee

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have dealt with them for over 20 years now and always seems to be some sort of snafu, but fairly priced goods, so you kind of learn to "go with the flow..." I did call some three months ago and inquired for a friend a special stock they had and was told it would be something like 16 weeks for delivery and politely told them no thanks. Couple weeks ago, got a phone call telling me the stock was ready to ship and wanted pmt. arrangements to be made. Reminded them of earlier conversation and they apologized and said no problem. You buys your ticket and takes your chances!!

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the support. I wanted it for a Christmas gift, so maybe I'll find a gift card and say it is comming, sometime

Had the same issue last year. I ended up giving a box with a picture in it with a sorry card.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Done just enough business with them to say to myself, thats enough of that! If it was first rate work, i could see them being behind, but the stuff i got could have been done with a pocket knife...Sound kind of harsh, GOOD!

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
i ordered a stock from them in july was told it wuld ship in 8-10 weeks after 14 weeks i left 3 messages and 2 emails and still no replys week 15 i got a hold of someone and they said it would ship the following week 2 weeks later they called to say they lost my payment info when they told me the price it didnt seem like it was enough so i asked what they were shiping and it turned out they got the order wrong said they would call me right back to let me know how long it would take to get the correct order shiped 4 days later i called them back to see what was going on and they told me my order had shipped. when i told him the story he put me on hold and came back and said it had not shipped and it would be another three weeks before it would but he would try to get ir out sooner that was three weeks ago and still no stock guess i might have to call cancel the order and see if that gets them moving

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
I ordered a stock from them just to see for myself if the stock was suitable. Everything went well, with no problems. After a few weeks, they emailed me, said my stock was ready and asking for payment info, so I called and gave it to them, and the stock arrived shortly afterwards.

For my first stock from them I ordered a simi-fancy grade, and it looks good to me. Everything is just as I ordered. I tried the #3 barrel blank in the channel, and the action in its place too, seperately, and both fit closely. Should be easy to fit the barreled action into the stock.

I'm planning on ordering another stock from them, soon, but the next one will be a much higher grade wood. I was even thinking of sending them a blank to turn using their pattern.

KB

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
The only way I would deal with them is face to face. When I lived in SoCal I would drive over and cherry pick the inventory making sure it fit the receiver & bottom metal.

I have found their stocks to be oversized which allows a good deal of leeway for shaping into a good pattern stock. Unfortunately, their inletting is also most often oversize. As I say, a decent platform to build a pattern stock off of.

The worst part of their operation is the notion that ALL riflemen still NEED white spacers, lol.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
The Richards stock I received is a lot slimmer than the Boyds stock I got. My eyeballs tell me that I'm going to have to sand and shape very little on the Richards to get it where I'm happy.

I ordered my stock with the ebony tips on the forearm and pistol grip, with no white line, and got just what I ordered. It looks perfect, and I can shape it to suit me. I think the shaping will be minimal though. When I get into it, perhaps I'll develop a diferent view, since I'm writing about my first impression here. I didn't put out a lot of money, just to see, but I am pleased with what I got for the money. I have to admit though that my experience in this is very limited. Perhaps with experience, my expectations may grow higher.

KB

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Your boyds must be a real hog Smiler

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alexi
posted Hide Post
I ordered a stock from Richards for my gunsmith to mount on a barreled action for me.

Took at least 3 or 4 months for it to get to him, I had to call Richards multiple times to check on it, left messages, etc. Service was tough

When the stock arrived - it had quite a few dings in it that had to be smoothed out, and the gunsmith said the stock was cracked in 2 places, which were luckily minor enough that he just fixed them for me and retooled the stock a bit to make it fit my action, but it was tough getting a stock from them.

The stock I ordered was a black/gray laminate in a BRNO 602 classic design.

If given a chance, I wouldn't use Richard's Microfit again.

========================================
While it may be a noble dream, all men are simply not created equal. Violence is a certainty throughout all of nature, and all cultures of man, and no amount of laws or good intentions can remove hatred, jealousy, greed, or spite from the hearts of man. Is it somehow more conscionable to allow the weak to be victimized by clubs or knives because guns are no longer permitted? Removing law-abiding citizens' access to the tools essential for them to protect themselves and their families is not the answer.

Я буду протектором -- Alexi Cacon

Posts: 29 | Location: 20 fathoms deep | Registered: 05 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
quote:
I order a stock from them last March and received it in late October.

They're getting worse on there estimated times but, I've been generally pleased with what I have. I now have five of them that need finishing. I guess my next several years spare time is spoken for.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was able to speek to a live person yesterday! I was told that no way would the stock be ready for Christmas but was told sometime after New Years.

Sometime after New Years???