New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser Central
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anybody know what happened to Mauser Central?

Greg

Posts: 425 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought it was just me.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5500 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Never heard of it so that must be why it is gone.

Posts: 17095 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
I think maybe they forgot to pay their hosting service?

That or they just quit cuz DPCD never visited!

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
It shows the page as suspended. There is no chatter about it anywhere so it could just be a temporary thing. Servers do go down from time to time. Or it could just be an outright, global ban to keep dpcd out!

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Trapp pulled the plug after Rod posted the chopped-up Mauser Receiver. Probably figured he didn't want to be a part of such sacrilege.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
coffee

I knew that would piss them all off, but I didn't think it would go THAT FAR! Does this mean I have to start being nice to dpcd and Butch when I post in this forum now?

LOL

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
You may be as obnoxious as you please rotflmo

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
That train has already left the station. etc.

Posts: 17095 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's cold in Edmonton, we expect you to be grumpy and snarky.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by farbedo:
It's cold in Edmonton, we expect you to be grumpy and snarky.

Jeremy

18447150_1309667329115447_6118941764303502484_n by Rod Henrickson, on Flickr

Rod Henrickson

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just copied this off Mauser Restoration Corner:

Posted Today, 08:14 AM

"Okay guys, this is hot off the press. Just got off the phone with Dave (TRAP55) concerning the site. He spent a lot of time on the phone talking with Lonnie (redneck). MauserCentral is now a lapsed domain name and was sniped by some a-holes out of Washington state. If we want to go one route, we can pay their ransom to get it back. The other, more viable option is to do a new website which is the way I think we need to go.

At any rate, Lonnie is going to get the thing started sometime tonight and call Dave with the info. Dave has friends that are techie types who will help us get it up and running. Not sure right now what the new site will be called but it will be as close to Mauser Central as we can get it. Neither Dave or I have any idea of how much it will cost to do this but we have it covered, at least initially.

This is not going to happen overnight but hopefully things will smooth out and we can be up and running in two weeks or less. At least that is the opinion that Dave and Lonnie have. If you have email, snail mail, or telephone contacts of other board members, please spread the word that all is not lost, that we are working on things, and hopefully we can pull this off in short order.

Remember, patience is a virtue. LOL"

John

Evaluate, adapt, and overcome

Posts: 3666 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Just make lots of posts that say "Mauser central is now xxxx". Google will catch it and everything will be fine. Thus how SEO works.

One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Too bad if it really is gone. I enjoyed that site.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2792 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
It is now Mausercentral.net

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
blasted and email and updated my links page

http://home.pipeline.com/%7Esh...ces.html#Gun_Forums_

Posts: 6380 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote