New
Find
Notify
Tools

Worth anything?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Were these remanufactured? reconditioned/ can they be trusted? worth the effort?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1312 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Hope this doesn't start another sh*t storm about Mausers.
You have a Kar98K, made from 1934-45, can't see the markings on top because they were ground off when the Yugos put the Preduce 44 mark on the side, meaning it was rebuilt at that number 44 factory post war.
To me, they are fine.
To others, I won't mention any names, they are complete junk suitable only for, well, nothing
You do have an expensive 09 Argentine bottom.
What caliber are you thinking?
I use them for anything. Not mags, although I have.....

Posts: 17046 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Some of the "Modern" rifles I have serve to remind me of why I like my Mausers so much. Plastic stocks, plastic magazines, cheap thin sheet metal designs, proprietary crap that will all be gone in a decade.

With the right chamberings M-98's make excellent hunting rigs, always have. And none of mine have began disintegrating into dust yet.

Let me know if you want to move it. Im sure I have an extra barrel around that I could put to good use. Wink

Posts: 10112 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
Dang. Someone else is eyeballin’ that action.

Posts: 7467 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I love the Mauser, but prefer the G33-40 SR or the Chilian etc, the better ones. Seems to me a custom mauser is expensive as hell to build, so might as well use the best, same for wood..and there is more to wood than Marble cake..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote