New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Caliber barrels
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
One of the competitive clubs I'm a member of is doing a group buy. I've used Benchmark, Krieger, Lilja, and Brux mostly but have no experience with X-Caliber. The pricing is well and I am considering buying a couple but would like to know any experiences you've had, good or bad.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I put one on my .300 Win Mag. It was a #3 contour and I slimmed it down for lighter weight. No issues with it. Equal to any of the other makers that I have used; Hart, Douglas, Shilen, Bartlien, Pac-Nor.

Accurate, and cleans easily.

Only one that I have used, but I'd get another.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I bought a blank from them via E-bay. 28" 6mm 1-8 twist straight fluted stainless steel. It was not exactly what I was looking for, I would not have chosen fluting. But the price was great.

I put it on a Remington 700, chambered for 6mm BR Norma. I have shot about 150 round through it. I am happy with it.

Take my opinion with a grain of salt. This is only the third rifle I have built. The other two are Shilen barrels.

Scott

Posts: 20 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 13 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scoty, wouldn't that be " take it with a grain of powder" Wink

posted Hide Post
Have 2 X-Caliber bbl's. Both are 'hammers'.
Your next question should then be, "would you do it again?".
Answer is yes.

Posts: 127 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: 03 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never chambered one, but Mr. Justin Utley won the Presidents 100 at Camp Perry with one.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote