Find
Notify
Tools

Mystery 1911 slide cut??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted
I picked up a bare slide at a Gun Show a year or two ago and pulled it out today to see about getting a sight set for it but do not recognize the cut, I compared it to most I could find on the 'net' and it didn't match to any. Could it be a butcher job? The Guy that had it on his table said it came in a box from a sale with a bunch of other gun parts.

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check those dimension against a Kimber adjustable sight slide. The Kimber is close to a Bomar cut with a squared back. I haven't measured it and don't have one to measure. Sig used it on some slides as well.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
Don't think it's a Kimber cut, the Kimber is .413 where this one is .506, that was the only dimension for the Kimber cuts I could find. Good try though.

Steve.......

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
USAF Veteran

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
looks like a buried bomar which I think is the same as a DW PM7. I'll measure it

I'm wrong ,

Posts: 6384 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
It doesn't have the horizontal windage screw cut done yet (if it's a Bomar cut) but they might have just not got around to that yet. I don't think the dimensions measure out to the Bomar cuts.

Steve........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
USAF Veteran

one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve
I can't find my list of measurements for all of the rear sight cuts. I bought some of this type of slides. The only thing was the rear dovetails had been miss cut. After receiving they had more problems than that. I would only use these on a truck gun. I have attached some information that you may be able to use.
https://www.egwguns.com/1911-dovetails

James

Posts: 658 | Location: W.Va | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
I had looked over that chart before, it looks like it is not quite a Bomar, an S&W or a Kimber.
I thought it would make a blaster but I am beginning to wonder if there is a rear sight that will match these cuts. I think they may have cut it with dimensions from more than one sight. I already bought a bare frame before I even dug this slide out and checked it out. I might can take my Mig and put a Govt fixed sight on it, LOL.

Steve.......

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
USAF Veteran

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve E.:
I had looked over that chart before, it looks like it is not quite a Bomar, an S&W or a Kimber.
I thought it would make a blaster but I am beginning to wonder if there is a rear sight that will match these cuts. I think they may have cut it with dimensions from more than one sight. I already bought a bare frame before I even dug this slide out and checked it out. I might can take my Mig and put a Govt fixed sight on it, LOL.

Steve.......

I tried that once and it warped the slide.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5500 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might be a good candidate for a red dot sight now.

Posts: 1303 | Location: South Puget Sound, WA | Registered: 16 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A better alternative might be another slide.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
I have come to the realization that nothing matches up to it. One measurement will be close with this style cut and the next measurement comes close to this other style cut and so on. I guess it's time to find another slide.

Steve......

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
USAF Veteran

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
I have a Kensight rear sight that looks similar, I'm not home right now but will be in a couple days and will measure it.

Just pulled up the web page: https://stores.kensight.com/rear/

See if anything there is close, otherwise my pessimistic guess is someone screwed up somewhere

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
"LPA TRT" rear sight cut:

Bo-mar BMCS sight cut:

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote