New
Find
Notify
Tools

TC Contender help
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Contender with a factory barrel. It is stamped Thompson Center. Last year I put a Choate adapter for an AR stock on it. I found a stock that collapses down to a lop of 12" and it accepts snap on risers. Just the ticket for my 12 year of Granddaughter to hunt with. I have several more grand children coming up I would like to introduce to hunting with it. The original stock and forend are wood. I have been looking for a black composite forend to match this stock. This barrel only has a single screw for the forend. Everything I have found has two screws! Any Ideas?

Posts: 696 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buy the black composite by T/C. Fill holes with PC7 epoxy, and drill a new hole where you want it. I have a pic, but don't know how to insert.

Posts: 50 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: 01 December 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pachmayr makes a fore end that fits either single or double screws. It's rubber, but should look OK with a black AR stock.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Make sure your barrels are over 16"s when you have your stock attached.

I have one in 357 max it is a great starting rifle/carbine for young shooters.

It has accounted for several dozen deer.

What caliber is you barrel.

Posts: 19350 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Usually the screw holes in the factory products are in the same place so you can probably just use a regular two hole forend with a single screw. Contender carbine stocks are pretty short anyway but there is an even shorter one you may find used sometimes that is labeled as a "youth" stock. Mix and match stocks are fine. Over spray it with one of the cans of truck bed liner stuff or something. Contender stocks are pretty cheap and easy to mess with.

Posts: 815 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a single screw black composite forend, it's rather short though as it came off a handgun barrel. You can buy it thru my website .. the varmint one.

1161 Contender Forend Blk Synthetic EXC $15.00

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2927 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Usually the screw holes in the factory products are in the same place so you can probably just use a regular two hole forend with a single screw.

This is correct, it will line up as stated. Ignore the other hole.

Posts: 7 | Location: USA | Registered: 03 October 2003Reply With Quote