New
Find
Notify
Tools

source for left sided flag type mauser safety
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
where can I get commercial FN type safety like seen on the sears type 50-51 Mausers?

Posts: 1226 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
The pics I've seen of the Higgins rifle show the safety on the left side. If you want the option of letting it off quietly with thumb and forefinger, you might be better looking for one that swings on the R/H side. They are around - I've bought two over the years.

Posts: 4942 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nicholosi
posted Hide Post
Numrich has them.

John

Life Member Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member NRA
DRSS

Posts: 131 | Location: Cypress, TX | Registered: 28 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nicholosi:
Numrich has them.

Do you have the part # ?

......civilize 'em with a Krag

Posts: 291 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I didn't think of Numrich. I don't quite know how to find the part. I guess look under mauser parts.

I really do like the safety on the left. If you push forward with ;your thumb and rotate down it is very quiet.

Thanks again for the replies

Posts: 1226 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nicholosi
posted Hide Post
I do have part number but it's on my computer in Houston. Spent the last few says in Newfoundland for a funeral. Should be home tomorrow. I'll post it when I get back.

John

Life Member NRA
DRSS

Posts: 131 | Location: Cypress, TX | Registered: 28 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wait. Didn't Duane offer you a free one, original at that? I'm confused.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nicholosi
posted Hide Post
looks like 8550c is the part number

John

Life Member NRA
DRSS