New
Find
Notify
Tools

value of "accurizing" steps
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've lurked around this forum, learning so much from the talented craftsmen here, I hoped I might contribute something helpful (although it probably benefits the other lurkers more than the craftsmen). I recently picked up a Bergara BMR rifle in .17 HMR. I shot it with 4 different factory loads (17 grain loads from CCI and Hornady, and 20 grains loads from CCI and Hornady). I wasn't impressed with the results, averaging 1.2" and nothing less than 1" for 3 shots at 100 yards. Hill Country Rifles recrowned the muzzle for me, and shot for accuracy. Results were great: no group exceeded 0.74" and best group dropped to 0.350". I realize this is only a couple sets of groups, with one rifle, but I suppose the lesson for me is to have a professional look over a rifle if you are not getting your hoped for potential, and that in this case, HCR did a great job and instead of a disappointment, I've got a great shooter.

Posts: 229 | Location: San Antonio, TX USA | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote