New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taurus Service
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a couple of Taurus pistols in the shop that need to go back to Taurus for warrantee service. I can't raise a soul in Customer Service at Taurus to get a RMA for the guns. I tried filling out the on-line service requests, and I have heard nothing for weeks. This began before all the madness started, so it ain't a Covid-19 problem. Has anyone else had this trouble? I let the insidious guitar solo on their "hold" line play for 40 minutes one day while I did other work. No joy.

Bill Jacobs

NRA Endowment Member
US Army Veteran
CWP Holder
Gunsmith

Posts: 329 | Location: Greenwood, SC | Registered: 06 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They well fix them if you get to return them.

Then they well work as they are suppose to.

But it can be a PITA doing it.

Posts: 19355 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Start calling around 9 am. After that it is impossible to get anyone. They may have shut down. I know Numrich Gun Parts is closed as well as Browning. Our shop is relegated to repairing with parts on-hand or trying to make/repair parts. A lot of work stacking up.

Posts: 3665 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Bob. For what it's worth, I'm able to get parts from Jack First with no problems yet.

Bill

NRA Endowment Member
US Army Veteran
CWP Holder
Gunsmith

Posts: 329 | Location: Greenwood, SC | Registered: 06 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
I had a Rossi three inch 357 magnum that was covered by that big Rossi recall so I sent it in with the Return Label they sent me. That has been 6 to 8 months ago and all I could get from them (when I could get to talk to someone) was that it was in the system and being evaluated. Finally last week I get a call stating that Rossi no longer manufacturers pistols so they would have to send me a Taurus but they had no 3 inch guns so it will be a 2 inch gun and it could be up to 4 to 6 weeks to get to my FFL. At least I should be getting one back.

Steve........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Bobster,

Update: Browning is open.

Posts: 19 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 20 June 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great! Noticed Numrich came back up today on skeleton crew with 2 week deliveries. Can't beat down American business people can you!

Posts: 3665 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote