New
Find
Notify
Tools

What can you rechamber a 375 H&H to
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Have a 375 that i want to rechamber to another 375 version. What could one make it into, without going overboard!
Thanks,
AR

Posts: 2536 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The easiest would be .375 H&H AI or .375 Weatherby. You can make brass for either just by fireforming .375 H&H brass.
And if you are someplace and can't find you can use the H&H ammo to complete your hunt.

Hip

Posts: 1818 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Obvious choice is the 375 Weatherby which is just a blown out H&H.
I will sell you the reamer too.

Posts: 17095 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
You sneaky guy! Jumped in a millisecond before me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah!
And I'm not to sharp in the morning----actually I'm not to sharp at any time of the day! Big Grin

Hip

Posts: 1818 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Have a Sako marked FN. It's stamped 375 MAG. Didn't know it was Weatherby when I bought it.

Shoots clover leafs with H&H ammo.

Posts: 6380 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:
Have a Sako marked FN. It's stamped 375 MAG. Didn't know it was Weatherby when I bought it.

I had one of those as well, bought at auction thinking it was the standard H&H

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4193 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
More feeding work than I thought it would be, but I made a 375 RUM from a Winchester 70 "Classic"

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Ok, RUM is a completely different animal, but I have built some 338 RUMS on Model 70s; not hard. Have to learn how to bend up the mag boxes.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have what left of a push feed M70 receiver that was a H&H that someone opened out to 378 WBY
Then the customer reloaded some ammo up and BLEW the rifle up

After all Norma 205 reloading data is the same as Hodgon 205 powder

JW

Posts: 1421 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:

The Sako-FN's in .300 H&H and .375 H&H were built in the 1950's and very early 1960's when conversion to the Weatherby versions was all the rage. You will run across lots of them with re-reamed chambers. Since the cases are belted, even the shade tree gunsmiths who did the job usually wound up with a chamber that was still usable.

Posts: 13228 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote