New
Find
Notify
Tools

gun shipping to CAnada
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What is involved in shipping a rifle to Canada? Having shipped all over the US but never to Canada.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41820 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
More paperwork and expense than you want. Have to hire an exporter, but I have never done it. My friends used to just drive them across the border, but I don't recommend it.

Posts: 17095 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No problem on the Canadian side, ITAR restrictions apply on the US side.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1586 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just an FYI. The Canadians were able to bring their guns across the border for a precision shoot here in Michigan. Things seem to be loosening up.

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1054 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray,
I've shipped a lot of guns to Canada and it's pretty easy. I use Prophet River Firearms in Alberta as the importer/exporter. You can contact them through their website. They are very helpful. They will take your information and handle all of the export from USA and import to Canada. They work with a US exporter in Washington state who applies for, and gets the needed permits to export. You ship your rife to them and they will ship it to Prophet River, usually with a batch of other firearms to keep the cost down. Prophet River will then ship the firearm on to the final destination. Their web address is https://store.prophetriver.com/

Posts: 1214 | Location: Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Ray I second what Bitterroot has stated. Prophet River Firearms in Lloydminster, Alberta is very experienced at importing firearms into Canada from the US. Good people to deal with.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1808 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Got a ball park figure as to cost from Idaho to podunk Canada, way out in the bush, but he could probably pick it up in a nearby city. Ive received guns from Africa and its no problem receiving but is shipping to Africa..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41820 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote