New
Find
Notify
Tools

Technical Gun info and reloading may be blocked
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Am I late in receiving this information that is entered into the Federal Register on June 3, 2015. They seem to want to stop all internet web sites with info on Guns. This could stop this site and others that discuss gunsmithing or reloading. The NRA has an article out and I downloaded the Federal Register for June 3, but have not read all the info yet.

WHAT WILL BE NEXT?

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
WHAT WILL BE NEXT

anything that the current administration can think of thumbdown

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How does one find what you are referring to? I found the Federal Register website, but is this a notice, rule, etc.? What keyword can I search by to find the source document you are talking about?

FYI, link to an article: http://www.washingtonexaminer....tion/article/2565762

Posts: 1138 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 07 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like more NRA BS. As in send more money.
Freedom of speech still applies.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I put this out so you could do your own research and find out. The only thing is this is a quite way of slipping into our 2nd Amend. rights. I hope others can find more and put it on the AR. Don't be surprised if you see another stroke of the OB's pin on this subject.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have read more today on this subject.

Wake up guys and read what is in the articles under Obama's quite way to get gun control. Aug. 3 is dead line to send your message to Wash. D.C.

If I understand it a person making any info about how to do gunsmithing will be subject to Fed approval or face up to 1 million dollars fine and 20 yrs. This will include the internet, public library books, or sell any type of DVD, USB drive along with telling anyone at gun shows. This is something we all need to keep on. It could shut down Accurate Reloading forums and posts.

Les Brooks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LesBrooks:
Aug. 3 is dead line to send your message to Wash. D.C.

Please, post a link!!!

quote:
Originally posted by hawkins:

I think all of us here agree with that, (and I still haven't read the text of this proposed rule or whatever it is...) but don't think that THEY wouldn't would be very happy to just take that right away...

quote:
Originally posted byDuane Wiebe:
Like NRA of not...show me any other entity that takes the bullets in the back to keep us up to date on 2 nd amendment attacks.

Absolutely got that right. This is how the enemy works, they just keep chipping away... relentlessly wearing us down, hoping to catch us off guard. I too get tired of the constant appeals for more money from the NRA, but keeping on top of this stuff doesn't come for free.

Constant vigilance is required if we are to preserve our liberty.

Posts: 1138 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 07 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Without the NRA we would have lost our gun rights decades ago

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Dane
posted Hide Post
How is it exactly that the US of A can forbid www's in other countries?
Maybe they can restrict the content y'all can see (in gods own "land of the free and home of the brave" country) much like the Chinese does, but your laws dont mean Sh!7 here!

Posts: 1102 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 15 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Dane:
How is it exactly that the US of A can forbid www's in other countries?
Maybe they can restrict the content y'all can see (in gods own "land of the free and home of the brave" country) much like the Chinese does, but your laws dont mean Sh!7 here!

yeah, ^^ that. I don't think Saeed cares what law gets passed in the US regarding whether or not a site such as AR can exist... the US would have a hell of a time convincing him to shut 'er down Big Grin

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The problem is over here in the USA. They haven't been able to stop people from owning firearms by changing the 2nd
Amendment. If this goes thru it would have a major effect on our rights to post on the internet.

If you are over the pond in another country it wouldn't change for you, but most of the posting on the AR is by American gunsmiths.

It appears to be more for military purposes, but when they get thru rewriting the rules it will be a complete different purpose. I was a fulltime gunsmith before the laws were enacted in 1967. It has gone down hill with more and more restrictions. The Govt. can write rules to fit their purpose by OBama's pin. It may never get thru the Congress if we try to tell the people we elect to stop this action now. WE DON'T WANT TO BE UNDER THE UN'S RULES.

Look at the restrictions on people around the world against gun owners. I think the NRA has the article right with their NRA-ILA section. READ, READ, AND THEN READ SOME MORE!!

I normally don't like to express my thoughts on this type of topic, but this one hints close to the very things that makes the US different from most other countries.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hawkins:
Sounds like more NRA BS. As in send more money.

Without the NRA, you wouldn't be spewing your ignorance on this board.

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't see a bill related to this discussion here: https://www.opencongress.org/bill/hot ,
but there is plenty more that should concern us.

Posts: 3672 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had the impression (from somewhere) that this could happen by Presidential decree (executive order or regulation).

Posts: 677 | Location: fly over America, also known as Oklahoma | Registered: 02 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The register specifically calls out "International Trade in Arms".
The NRA is trying to whip of fear so
you will send money to "Protect your right".
Take a look at American Rifleman magazines,
and compare it to the publications before the
gun nuts were replaced by lawyers that do not
shoot, hunt, nor collect.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hawkins,
The NRA has fed on fear since the 50's.
When I worked for the Publications Division (89-91) I went into the archives. You wouldn't believe what they were saying in the 30's.

Posts: 437 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 20 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If this monster does indeed come to pass, I'm curious as to how it would be enforced. It would seem at first glance that the potential number of individual "violators" and "violations" would be staggering to the point that the entire legal system would become hopelessly clogged. Just a thought.

A good job is sometimes just a series of expertly fixed fark-ups.
Let's see.... is it 20 years experience or is it 1 years experience 20 times?
And I will have you know that I am not an old fart. I am a curmudgeon. A curmudgeon is an old fart with an extensive vocabulary and a really bad attitude.

Posts: 324 | Location: Too far north and 50 years too late | Registered: 02 February 2015Reply With Quote