THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Remington 1911R1 Long Slide vs Short Slide Ejector Issue

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 1911R1 Long Slide vs Short Slide Ejector Issue
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
So I am attempting to put a short 45acp slide and barrel on this 10mm long slide pistol ... right away I note the ejector is wider than the slot in the slide. I think this is because the 10mm long slide version calls for a beefier ejector. Looks like I have to mill out the slot in the slide or switch out the ejector. Which is not ideal because it's tricky to switch that out every time you switch calibers. Anyone been down this path?

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2926 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
no rem1911 experience but I do have an Auto Ord POS cast frame that I switch to every caliber ever made. It was originally 45. I always change the ejector among the different rim sizes.

10/40/357 is the same
38 is shorter than 9mm.
and 45.

Posts: 6361 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That makes sense, will contact Rem to get the parts.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2926 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You would be much better off getting parts form Egw, or one of the other quality manufacturers. Brownells stocks most

Posts: 569 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote