Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for European style Mauser stock patterns
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
Looking for something like the new Sako 85 Bavarian stock pattern for a M98.

Does anyone know of any duplicators with something similar?

Thanks!

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3039 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There resides close to Donald or Aurora, Oregon, a gentleman named Art Selnau. I believe his business is Star S Gunworks, could be wrong, but I am close. Anyway, he has a wall covered with European influenced stock patterns and does a beautiful job with machine inletting and exterior finish-rough, of course.
Google will be your tour guide form here on.
Luck,
Stephen

Posts: 538 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: 14 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Frith:
There resides close to Donald or Aurora, Oregon, a gentleman named Art Selnau. I believe his business is Star S Gunworks, could be wrong, but I am close. Anyway, he has a wall covered with European influenced stock patterns and does a beautiful job with machine inletting and exterior finish-rough, of course.
Luck,
Stephen

Thanks! Found him on the FFL registry! Will report back!

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3039 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Austin Hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Frith:
Luck,
Stephen

Thanks! Found him on the FFL registry! Will report back!

Oh well, # disconnected. It was from January 2020 ATF file.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't know if this is a consideration but the pattern appears to be real close:

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1049700A

Posts: 3666 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wenig offers any of their rifle patterns as a mannlicher.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skl1:
Wenig offers any of their rifle patterns as a mannlicher.

Not Mannlicher, the half-stock Sako 85; but same setup.

I used Wenig about 5 years to fit and make a stock for a my Superposed. VERY impressed; excellent service and fit.

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Steyr has a good pattern as well.

I found a guy that makes EXACTLY what I want. Only problem is he's in Slovenia! He could do a M98 based stock for me, but I have a ZG47 and he doesn't have that inlet. He said if he ever did a ZG47 for a customer, he would do one for me as well. His work is fantastic. Some of the best stock work I have ever seen.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check with user “inthe10ring” over on Mausercentral.net. Dave is well known for his various Mauser patterns there.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 944 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Here's an album with the stock style I'm looking for. These are the stocks from the guy in Slovenia.

Stocks

one of us
posted Hide Post
There was a guy in Idaho who had Euro patterns (side panels etc.) for Mausers. He is unfortunately out of business, sold out. He still has some stocks on ebay but they are the rejects based on the one I bought from him.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2927 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow. From what could be seen, those stocks are beautiful. Have a soft spot for Bavarian influenced rifle wood.
Stephen
quote:
Originally posted by Austin Hunter:
Thanks!

Here's an album with the stock style I'm looking for. These are the stocks from the guy in Slovenia.

Stocks

Posts: 538 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: 14 August 2010Reply With Quote