THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM 4X4, ATV FORUM

Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2021 Ford Bronco revealed. Anyone hyped?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No.

An off-roader needs live axles for robustness. If it's not an off-roader, I am not interested.

Posts: 467 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 28 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe there are a lot of Ford fans who will purchase it, but excited? Nope.

But a 450hp 392 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon? That can get exciting...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
I'm kind of excited, yes. It's nice to see a body-on-frame SUV with some actual off road chops still being introduced. I'm not in the market for a new SUV at the moment ('08 4Runner still going strong), but I'm sure there will come a time when I will be. I like how even the fancy models still have a pretty businesslike exterior. The black "steel" wheels are neat, very no-nonsense!

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post

Yummy yummy 392 Rubicon

A light and nimble 2 door Bronco with manual transmission with a rock crawl gear is legit though.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That ain't no Bronco.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sharpsguy:
That ain't no Bronco.

Other than a V8, they will be better than the originals in performance.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes I have! The only vehicle I have ever “anticipated“ the release. If I was not building a house, I’d be trying to talk my wife into trading in her Rubicon.

I would look at the 2 door, 7 speed manual.

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will probably buy this one as long as ford gives me 0 percent financing.

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bron...els/bronco-badlands/

It has two thing I really need

Marine grade vinyl
Drain on floor

It will be the perfect dog truck. Wash it down to clean.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:

Other than a V8, they will be better than the originals in performance.

True, but with an independent front suspension and the Ecoboost power, the new Bronco has limits on aftermarket upgrades. So it will be more cutesy/trendy than hardcore. But I don't believe that will matter to most of the snowflakes, soccer moms/dads, casual off-roaders, and Ford lovers who will buy it.

The reason why the Jeep Wrangler is so popular is the aftermarket and the virtually unlimited amount of customization that can be accomplished. From on-road performance to off-road rock crawling, the Jeep is intended to be a blank slate.

One thing is for sure, Jeep isn't losing any sleep over the Bronco.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
“One thing is for sure, Jeep isn't losing any sleep over the Bronco.“

Opus:

I agree with about 99% of what you post. However, you wrong with that statement

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Point taken.

It will be interesting to see how the Bronco fits into the market. I am sure initial sales will be strong. But like its namesake, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Bronco dies off once again.

I see the new Bronco as the Mini Cooper of the SUV world. Cute but lacking...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Point taken.

It will be interesting to see how the Bronco fits into the market. I am sure initial sales will be strong. But like its namesake, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Bronco dies off once again.

I see the new Bronco as the Mini Cooper of the SUV world. Cute but lacking...

You may be right and history does prove so to a degree as the previous broncos died off.

I’d really like to try one out. However, it would not be smart giving up my 2017 Rubicon. The value I’d lose (depreciation) would not be a smart decision. Besides, it’s been very good so far.

I’m sure, as you stated, that it’s likely sales will be strong at first...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One thing is for certain, the Bronco will not have the death wobble thanks to the independent front suspension. Cool

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
How much HP will people crank those 392s? Eeker

I am intrigued by the Bronco stick shift option. too bad it is the lowest rated HP & torque rated one.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
It is a better attempt than Toyota with the FJ Cruiser. I have seen many modified FJCs, but many suspension parts work in conjunction with 4Rs and Tacos.

As a former FJ-40 owner, it was disappointing. The 2F wouldn't get you down the road too fast, but it would crawl a mountain while in low and you had time to make a sandwich (or beer, not that I would know...) without worry.

The death wobble at high speeds (55mph) was scary. I still wish it had been rethought, because the Rubicon was introduced around the same time.

I would still love a 70 series, or even a HiLux, but not at insane prices for a 25 year old rig needing a restoration due to import regs.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:
How much HP will people crank those 392s? Eeker

I am intrigued by the Bronco stick shift option. too bad it is the lowest rated HP & torque rated one.

There are already quite a few Hellcat crate engine powered Wranglers and Gladiators roaming the roads and trails. But with either a centrifugal (Procharger) or positive displacement supercharger (Edelbrock, Magnuson) on a bone stock 392 can gain 150 - 250+ HP and is cost effective to achieve. If you want to go bigger you will need to address the rings and bump stick but hitting a very reliable 800-850 HP isn't difficult. The 392 is an excellent platform to make power. It's Mopar's LS.

The second gen Ecoboost engines reverted back to port/direct injection system to address the head fouling and reliability problems (supposedly). But the Ecoboost is already pretty well maxed out with small displacement. You can swap out the turbos for more boost pressure, but it's quite expensive and the gains are not impressive. But I am sure there are folks already working to cram the supercharged 5.0L Coyote engine into the new Bronco, but that is a $20,000 proposition.

Modifying a Wrangler is an endless opportunity and financially reasonable to achieve. Modifying Fords new toy may be far more limiting and a lot more expensive. But very will few care anything about that and I am sure 99.9% Bronco owners won't bother. If they wanted a serious off-roader they would by the Wrangler or Raptor. Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
It is a better attempt than Toyota with the FJ Cruiser. I have seen many modified FJCs, but many suspension parts work in conjunction with 4Rs and Tacos.

As a former FJ-40 owner, it was disappointing. The 2F wouldn't get you down the road too fast, but it would crawl a mountain while in low and you had time to make a sandwich (or beer, not that I would know...) without worry.

The death wobble at high speeds (55mph) was scary. I still wish it had been rethought, because the Rubicon was introduced around the same time.

I would still love a 70 series, or even a HiLux, but not at insane prices for a 25 year old rig needing a restoration due to import regs.

While the FJ Cruiser didn't catch on with the off-roaders here, they love them in Africa and sandy spots in the Arab world. They perform quite well in the dunes. But I never liked the limited visibility in them.

There are still plenty of FJ-40s running around Africa. The straight 6 is bullet proof and the block can be freshened up several times before you run out of metal. With new steering components and polyurethane bushings most (most) of the death wobble can be eliminated. They are becoming quite the collector's item these days. It would be a good business to start importing them from Africa for sale in the US.

The Toyota Hilux Revo and Vigo (manufactured in Thailand) are excellent machines. However, the new generation Hilux is crap.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was hyped five years ago when it was first talked about and told it was coming. After that long it was like I could care less anymore. When I read the specs I felt nauseous. A bronco sport? Based on the Ford escape? No wonder their stock can't get above six bucks a share.

I've always been a Ford fan. I worked at a Ford dealership as a lot boy/car washer back when the new style 1987 Mustang GT's first hit the lot. I was fifteen at the time and the service department didn't know that I didn't have a driver license yet and they always had me shuttling customers home Big Grin Talk about a dream job. Being a fifteen year old irresponsible car loving kid I was pretty stupid. Now days I would have to kick my own ass for the way I and the other car washer kids beat on those brand new cars.

Anyway my point being that it sucks watching Ford making all these stupid blunders. An electric hatchback Mustang? What the hell is that all about. I still love my old classic Fords though and don't see myself ever giving those up.

Posts: 574 | Location: Utah | Registered: 30 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
New Bronco looks like an early 70's International Scout. I am a Ford guy and still own a Super Duty. But no way will I buy a Bronco. My plans are to buy a 2 door Wrangler Rubicon next year and I'm sticking to that plan.
https://youtu.be/SSJ8x3fhg9c

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote