New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Land Cruiser Mod I Haven't Thought Of
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
But I see the utilitarian benefits of it...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pure heresy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
True, but still, wouldn't you want one???

My 83 Unimog started out life as a SADF rocket launcher. Was thinking about restoring it back to its days of glory.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely, Opus. But I'll gift you the rocket launcher so I can fit another buff in the back.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's what trailers are for...

But thanks for the rocket launcher.

Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I checked at the Toyota dealer's Parts Counter. Back ordered for the Tundra four door...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Fabricating a tube launcher should be do-able. Coming up with functional ammo will test your reloading or google skills. I hear tell that there are some folks that sell that ammo but are not easy to deal with. Wink

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I have heard that a small donation to a certain foundation will ensure a limitless supply of ammo.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wrong forum, Opus...

But you knew that. beer

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
Kids today with their rockets. I prefer something a little more old fashioned.

The first time I saw something like this was on the news back in the '80s, when I was a teenager. A pickup in Beirut firing a 2 or 3 barreled automatic cannon on a city street. Muzzle blast about the same size as the pickup. That was a hell of a thing to see.

Posts: 7477 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My son does diesel conversions & custom Fabrication. He is currently working on a Land Cruiser with a 4BT Cummins.
Right now he is in the process of designing & fabricating a roof rack for a de-commissioned M1919.
I'll post pictures of the build when the steel comes in.

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Posts: 947 | Location: NYB | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote