New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ford F-150 Lightning
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Saw one of these, really nice truck, fully loaded “Platinum”. Sticker price $94,600!!!And sold!

Karl Evans

Posts: 2721 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Sure wouldn’t want one if you needed to tow anything

https://www.westernjournal.com...lVT6JyCviIhw0YNMAb14

Sounds ideal for urban pseudo cowboys, though.. rotflmo

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13099 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Helluva note ain't it? In 1973 I could buy a new F-150 for $4600.00 + I was making $160.00 a week. + dollar, you are right. All my trucks have been working trucks but I know of one guy who was the job estimator for a company that I built metal for that lived in a sub-div + only drove from home to the shop in his new Dodge dually + took to using Copenhagen too as it fit his new persona. Wore riding heels on his boots too. Another urbane cowboy; + yeah, I spelled it right.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ran 4,600k in an inflation calculator. That only comes to $27,273.05 dollars in today’s money.

Posts: 10587 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are we speaking about the same subject? If so, please reread,I said $4600.00. I know prices these days are bad but not quite that severe.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh + BTW, I passed the Valero gas station today + it was (down) to $4.09. Let us hear the trumpets from on high!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We will see what happens with the price of natural gas but as to the gasoline, our refineries are already at 97% production level I have heard + no new refineries are in the works yet even though our most current are 40 years old. Seems the EPA is dragging their feet. Doesn't it make you wonder whose side those bozos in Washington are on?

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I don’t wonder at all- I know which side the bastards in DC are own and it ain’t the general public!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Sure wouldn’t want one if you needed to tow anything

https://www.westernjournal.com...lVT6JyCviIhw0YNMAb14

Sounds ideal for urban pseudo cowboys, though.. rotflmo

They needed the optional 7500 watt generator in the back.

Posts: 3483 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested if they were a lot more affordable. A friend is thrilled with his Rivian, but then he doesn't tow anything.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16292 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I just read where Ford has increased list prices on the F 150 Lightening by up to $8500, citing increased material and production costs. What a deal! rotflmo. Your truck of the future could now cost over 100k!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
I just read where Ford has increased list prices on the F 150 Lightening by up to $8500, citing increased material and production costs. What a deal! rotflmo. Your truck of the future could now cost over 100k!

Will,be sold out till 2025.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
The urban cowboys gotta have the latest toy, regardless of suitability to do anything but cruise the boulevard.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
agree .. was.. if you wanted cheap you bought a pick-up. Then they became urbane . Add power rugs and that was the end.

Posts: 6359 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For anyone who really uses a truck....worthless!

Posts: 1312 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonP:
For anyone who really uses a truck....worthless!

THIS!!

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Three letters.

G.

M.

C.

Read ‘em and weep.

Cool

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13313 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chances of getting a Porsche macan in electric in 2025 may be easier than getting a ford lightening.

I will just get the electric Macan.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Then add this

https://www.thecarmagazine.com...completely-electric/

Before a lightening will be readily available.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yesterday, in Addison (small town adjoining north side of Dallas) I was meeting with a commercial contractor who owns one of these bad boys, super good looking truck. Only cost him a little over $85K shocker if he told the truth, not worth it in my opinion. Said mileage between charges was reasonable unless he had to drive to Houston or Amarillo (230 and 340 miles, respective). He spent the $3K for a “supercharger” that replenishes battery pretty quickly. He said he even towed his boat to Richland-Chambers Lake with it…once. Said it pulled good but was afraid he couldn’t make it home before batteries were flat, less than 120 mile round trip. I don’t need or want one of these.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2721 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote