Find
Notify
Tools

2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted
They can't keep these in the showrooms anywhere in New England. They are flying out the doors.

I had to order one, which was good, on the one hand, in that I will get all of the packages and options I want, but bad, on the other, in that it will take 2-3 months to get it.

Highlights include a 6.2L EcoTec3 V8, 420 HP @ 5,600 rpm, and 460 ft.-lbs. of torque at 4,100 rpm, mated to a 10 speed automatic transmission.

This is going to be a long 2-3 months.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13329 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
My buddy bought the 2500 versión in diesel and it is amazing.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 4sixteen
posted Hide Post
Nice pickup. May have noticed CD players being phased out no longer provided in many new vehicles. GM provides wireless technology infotainment system.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, it has all of the newest technology. It even has a heads up display.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of 4sixteen
posted Hide Post
Changing technology. CD's going obsolete in favor of storage devices and streaming services thru smart phones. Options to consider for playing tunes in my new Silverado 1500.

Infotainment system has wireless Bluetooth connectivity as well as USB and USB-C ports. Satellite radio home/vehicle kit uses AUX-IN but port not included with my Infotainment-3 system. However without AUX-IN satellite radio receiver can be synchronized with truck FM radio to play reception and sound quality ok.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
They can't keep these in the showrooms anywhere in New England. They are flying out the doors.

I had to order one, which was good, on the one hand, in that I will get all of the packages and options I want, but bad, on the other, in that it will take 2-3 months to get it.

Highlights include a 6.2L EcoTec3 V8, 420 HP @ 5,600 rpm, and 460 ft.-lbs. of torque at 4,100 rpm, mated to a 10 speed automatic transmission.

This is going to be a long 2-3 months.

Very nice looking truck.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am beginning to wonder when, if ever, I will get this truck.

When I emailed my dealer asking about the status of my order, the salesman told me this:

"Good morning Michael, The order has been placed but it has not yet been given a target production date. When I get a date I will be sure to let you know."

Then I learned through an internet source that I could go straight to GM for the information. At wwww.GMC.com.

The following is from a "chat" I had about my truck order with GM customer service this evening:

Welcome to Messaging. The information you provide here is subject to GM's Privacy Statement, available at https://www.gm.com/privacy

Please type "Hi" to get started.

You at 18:57, Mar 9:
Hi

Virtual Assistant at 18:57, Mar 9:
Thanks! In order to best assist, please provide your first and last name.

Michael Robinson

Choose the option that best fits your needs.
I'm shopping for a vehicle
Assistance on a vehicle I own
I'm checking on my new vehicle order

Checking on my new vehicle order

Attempting to connect you to an advisor...

Grace at 19:01, Mar 9:
Good day! You have reached General Motors Connected Messaging. My name is Grace. How may I assist you today?

You at 19:01, Mar 9:
Checking on my new vehicle order

Grace at 19:02, Mar 9:
Congratulations on your new vehicle purchase! I would be happy to look into that for you. Would you please provide me with the order number?

You at 19:04, Mar 9:
I ordered through XXXXXXX GMC of XXXXXX, XX. The number on my order receipt is: XXXXXXXXX. My order was placed on 12/30/20.

Grace at 19:08, Mar 9:
I understand. All I will need to provide that update would be your 6-digit order number (consisting mostly of letters and starting with a ‘Z’), and/or the name and location of the dealership you’ve ordered with.

You at 19:09, Mar 9:
They did not give me an order number. Can you find it?

Grace at 19:11, Mar 9:
In this matter, you may need to contact your selling dealership as they are the ones who has the order number information.

You at 19:12, Mar 9:
Okay. I will do that. Thanks.

Grace at 19:15, Mar 9:
You're most welcome.Do you have any additional questions at this time?

You at 19:16, Mar 9:
Any guess as to delivery date for a 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 truck ordered 12/30/20? I understand it would just be a rough estimate

Grace at 19:17, Mar 9:
I apologize, we can't see any information unless we have the order number.

Grace at 19:18, Mar 9:
and we do not also have the information on how long the vehicle will be build and delivery as well.

You at 19:19, Mar 9:
But you can give me that information if I provide you with the order number, correct?

Grace at 19:20, Mar 9:
We can provide the current status of the order.

You at 19:21, Mar 9:
I'm not sure what that means. Can you elaborate?

Grace at 19:21, Mar 9:
If you provide the order number, we can also provide you the current status of your vehicle order

You at 19:23, Mar 9:
What stages of production are reportable?

Grace at 19:24, Mar 9:
we can only see the current status of the order

You at 19:26, Mar 9:
Please give me an example - for example, can you say that production has begun? that it is 50% complete? that it is finished?

You at 19:26, Mar 9:
that it has shipped?

Grace at 19:27, Mar 9:
Please coordinate with your selling dealership for more information. Thanks!

You at 19:28, Mar 9:
Unbelievable. Are you human or a robot?

Grace at 19:28, Mar 9:
I apologize, yes I am a human.

I guess it's just life during COVID.

I have seen on Autotrader recently that GMC trucks already delivered and on the lot are being offered by some dealers for $20K over MSRP!

Maybe I'll just order a 2022.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Should have ordered a Ford F-150....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13105 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Should have ordered a Ford F-150....

OH GOD NO!!!

Michael actually wants a truck he can count on without having a tow service and mechanic on speed dial.

His GMC will be fine.

A Ram would have been even better. 437,000 miles and counting on my 2004 Dodge Ram 2500HD 4WD Cummins!! Arrghhh Arrgghhh Arrrggghh!!!! MORE POWER!!!

One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
Michael, I bought this exact truck in December 2019. I love it. Been in rough country and on the freeway. Performs wonderfully. Two suggestions: The tires on mine were shit. Had two flats within 2 hours in rough country. I replaced all four tires and all is well. Also, had cat-backs and air-intake installed when I bought. I don’t know but maybe the 2021s come with those installed. Not that you need it, but it will give you about 15 to 20 more horsepower. But it sounds great.

Posts: 8612 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 finally came in - after five months of waiting. I checked the GM website one day, and got the same "We have received your order" report; then the next day, it said "Your truck has been produced and is pending shipment."

It took about three weeks to arrive, and when I went to pick it up the other day, I spotted a ding in the roof just above the passenger side of the front window.

Nasty little divot. Must have been hit by a rock while being transported on the delivery truck.

The dealer is fixing it now.

More waiting.

Schrodinger - I went whole hog on this truck.

It has every option available, including the performance air intake system and the cat-back performance exhaust system. It's called the Performance Upgrade Package. For $2,075, it raises output to 435 horsepower and 469 lb.-ft. of torque.

It also has the Brembo-manufactured Brake Upgrade System - larger front calipers (painted high gloss red and GMC-branded), larger front rotors and wear-resistant pads all around.

Rear calipers are replaced by high gloss red GMC-branded versions to match.

The tires are Goodyear 275/60R20SL all-terrain Wranglers. I will swap them out for Pirelli Scorpions.

When I finally get it!

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
GMC is making some nice trucks. Just bought a 2021 Denali 1500 yesterday with the 6.2 and 10 speed auto. First couple of hundred miles the trip computer says 20.3 mpg. Huge rebates and the dealer offered me $1500 more than what I paid for my 2019 Ford 250 Superduty when I bought it new 2.5 years ago.
The GMC rides like a luxury car despite the fact it has 22 inch wheels. Been buying Ford trucks since 1979. This is my first GM. Hope it’s not a mistake down the road. Truck is the crew cab 4x4 version.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6591 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
GM and Ford have ongoing transmission issues. My dad prior to retirement last fall was a GM service manager and they had fairly steady stream of newer truck in and out with transmission issues. Most were torque converter issues. My 2016 F150 6 speed starting shuddering at 65k, had a new converter put in it at 70k under warranty. Was a real headache finding a dealership that wanted to fix the issue instead of wanting to sell me $600 worth of spark plugs for a "misfire" on an engine that had no misfires in the datalog. Truck prices are stupid right now, have about 20K in equity on my truck I would like to cash in on, but there's no trucks out there to replace it. Ford dealership in town has two trucks on the entire lot. GMC dealership's trucks are sold before they are delivered. Got a friend who supplies auto manufacturers that said Ford's got upward of 5,000 trucks sitting on an airfield in Kentucky waiting on chips for the ECU. Thinking about putting AC in my 77 F150 and smiling, but $3 gas is gonna be rough at 10mpg.

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 603 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, it lives up to my expectations.

What a beast! Cool

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I’m due for a new truck in the not to distant future. It will be chev or GMC, again.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2628 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You will like this model. But I see that GM has just temporarily closed the factories in Indiana and Mexico where my truck was manufactured because of a shortage of computer chips!

Mike

One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post

Well, I relinquished my 2016 Ford a two weeks ago for this one. 2022 with 6.2,Carbon Pro, AT4 Premium, and Technology package. Absolutely in love with it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2

Mike

One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
If I have one gripe with the truck, it's the camera system. It's really nice to have the backup camera, especially for trailering, but the panoramic views distort depth perception. You can look at the camera and it appears you're so close to hitting something. Look in the mirror and you're ten feet away. Backing up to a trailer, it appears you're directly in line and over the ball. Get out to hitch it and and you're two inches to the right and need to come forward two inches. I'd like to think it's just me becoming accustomed to it, but almost two months in I am still having trouble adjusting to it.

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Michael,

How are you liking the 6.2 liter V8? I’ll need to start thinking about a newer truck and this is on the short list. What kind of mileage are you seeing city/hwy and does it take a huge hit towing?

Posts: 2091 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote